Thread: Uk Porsche dealer nearest to Brighton in 1968/9

Uk Porsche dealer nearest to Brighton in 1968/9

Good evening all at early 911 S Registry, was just wondering if anyone could possibly answer some queries I have regarding uk supplied cars from 68/69 era ! Am currently researching some of the early history of my 69 s, which appears to have been originally supplied with a South Coast Brighton license plate when first registered, so can anyone say what would likely to have been the nearest dealership that would possibly have supplied her ?.
    Also is there any way of finding out the first owners name etc without original bill of sale or full service record that would have been with the car in the 60,s !
    My S was registered on the 23 rd October 1968 and is one of the earlier batches of 2.0 mechanical injection cars in right hand drive form !!
    Any info will be gratefully received !!

Best regards !!
    Lamborghini Gallardo Spider / life time dream !!
    911 s 2.0 1969 mech injection/ life time love !!
    Land rover Range rover Sport daily user
    Mercedes clk 280 wife's daily user

Have you contacted Ian McLeod ?

He's the early 911 registrar for the Porsche Club GB & may have some information on the car.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Many thanks Ian

Have just rejoined the club after 22 years, great suggestion a will follow this up as it's a great lead!

Many many thanks Ian !!

Best Regards Neil C

Also get yourself onto DDK which is the best UK-based resource for early Porsche owners/enthusiasts:

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/index.php

- Ian also posts there.

Incidentally I'm Andy...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hey nice one Andy, have recently discovered Ddk a well impressed thanks !
    These sites are a must for any early 911 Resto !
    Will look up Ian a see if he can help,

Thanks again Andy ! I'll ltet you know how it goes !

Best regards