Thread: 1972 911S engine with MFI

Cool 1972 911S engine with MFI

I own a few 914/6 with their original 2.0 engines on pallets. In one of these, I have a very strong 1972 911 2.2S engine with MFI. Just an awesome running engine.

I want to rebuild the stock engine and put it back in the car to make it original. I want to sell the 2.2S and have been told it is valuable.

But my preference would be to reunite this engine with the original car; a 1972 911S, which now would be a very valuable car. Or better yet, find the car and purchase it and I can put the engine back in her. -

Is there a way to match the engine with the car and to find out if the car still exists? I realize the car could be destroyed, rusted out, etc. But it is a shame to not have a way to find these vintage engines their original cars.

Any ideas? Also, any rule of thumb on price? It was reconditioned, with a ton of money and work in it. Runs 200 hp smooth as a whistle.

If it is a 2.2 then it would be a '70 or '71 engine. The third digit on the engine number will tell the last digit of the year. 1 is 1971, etc. A 2 would be 1972 and that would be a 2.4L engine. You might contact Davep on here. He can most likely tell you a narrow range of vins that engine would have come in.

Posting the engine number will help.
    Robert

Typo, it is a 1970. I will post VIN later. Paperwork is in my office.

1970 911 2.2S motor with mechanical fuel injection (MFI). The motor was rebuilt in 2000 by Seattle area expert Denny Akers with fly cut heads for extra compression. The factory mechanical fuel injection system was refurbished, throttle bodies rebuilt by Supertech, and the fuel lines replated. This motor made over 170 HP at the wheels on the dyno.