Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weber Carb Cleaning with an Ultra Sonic Cleaner

Weber Carb Cleaning with an Ultra Sonic Cleaner

What is the preferred solution to use in the Ultra Sonic tank for Weber Carbs?

Are there any do's and don'ts?

I don't want to risk damaging or discoloring them.

My tank is single carb size.
    Name:  fishersci_fs60_purple.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  17.1 KB

Cheers,
    Glenn Halperin
    Early 911S Registry Member #2956

I used soap and hot water. I have one of those ultrasonic cleaners also. Makes the neighbor's dog go crazy and leaves the parts untouched.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

That's an added bonus, I'll keep it on all the time just to keep them off my lawn.
    Glenn Halperin

Which ultra sonic cleaner did you gentlemen get? On line?

Thanks,

Leonard
    http://the911den.com

Instagram / UberPorsche930

Member # 2443

I have a Fisher Sonic FS60. A single Weber fits in it. It is a retired unit out of a dentist office and just I bought it on eBay for $150. Now if I can figure out what chemicals to put in it, I'll start using it. I've read online to use everything from; vinegar, Simple Green, dish detergent, SharperTek Shellac-Buster and SharperTek 1220 Degreaser/Carburetor Cleaner.
    Glenn Halperin

Most of the time I use Simple Green in mine, it work fine for carb parts

What really makes a ultrasonic work great is a little pump to circulate fluid while cleaning. I used an old faucet electric fuel pump on mine and it worked out well.

Hi I use tickopur (depending on what to clean with or without citric acid) but have no idea whether it's available in the us.
    What works really great on carbs is the stuff from motobay http://www.motorradbay.de/ultraschal...-p-5415-6.html
    Last edited by uai; 11-05-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Do some research on submerging non-ferrous parts in Simple Green. Might result in some damage due to their chemistry. Don't take my word for it.

I have soaked parts in full or diluted PineSol or Oil Eater cleaners with good results. About $10/gal. It's water-based like Simple Green. The most aggressive solvent is carburetor cleaner, but an ultrasonic machine may or may not like it. Check compatibility of any liquid with your machine.

Sherwood

These generally have stainless steel tanks and should be ok with any solvent. I'd be careful using anything flamable as they are not made to be explosion proof.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658