Thread: 2014 L.A. Auto Show . . .

More 2014, L.A. Auto Show . . .

Cars I only see at Car Shows . . .

. . . well ---- mostly
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

'Outdoor Life-styles' anyone?

1) + 2) Uhhhh-you know . . . that's one heckova TV set ya got there, Mr RUBster --- but . . .
    . . . ever heard of an ipad? And most Bikers kinda do tend t' ride 'em, so . . . jus' sayin'

3) + 4) Other than maybe a better view --- from inside a tent (?) . . . not sure what's goin' on here. Animal-proof? . . . maybe? Then, again --- w/ that wheezy/little ladder holding-up your evening's outdoor adventures. . . looks to me you're one rowdy bear away from a not-so-happy ending

Privacy-schmivacy --- how 'bout carrying your cr@p on the roof . . . w/ you dropping the seats/sleeping inside? Looks like a $10k answer to a $45/night question

'Course --- ya could always just get a bigger truck. Prolly save some money, even . . . . . . ya Goof-ball

We Can Be Heroes

You KNOW you'e at The L.A. Auto Show when . . .

1) People actually buy yellow Ferraris . . . . . . then put a padded vinyl roof on 'em. What? ---- no landau bars? . . .

2) People practice re-cycling --- by putting their truck's old dubs . . . . . . onto the 'wife's' car

3) Roll-cages built to withstand impacts --- w/ other planets . . . show-up on 'street cars'

4) Rolls-Royces are used to advertise . . . . . . for sh!tty/no-name stereo-installers. Excuse me, but ---- is that Sawzall you've got there?

5) $Xk 'butterfly' door conversions show-up . . . . . . . on >$Xk cars. Take THAT, McLaren

We Can Be Heroes

Hmmmm . . .

Inviting comments

I think he's shopping on-line --- for a proper pair of pants

We Can Be Heroes

Funny Car

Used to go to the Drags (a LOT) when I was a kid. The cars look the same --- sorta . . . but/still . . .

Pretty overwhelming --- the physics inside these

Performance?

Zero-to-100 MpH <1.0 sec
    Standing 1/4 = ~4.0 sec @>310 MpH

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Hmmmm . . .

Inviting comments
    DSC07267.jpg
    VzW0Ze9.jpg

Damn... no signal AGAIN.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Funny Car

Used to go to the Drags (a LOT) when I was a kid. The cars look the same --- sorta . . . but/still . . .

Pretty overwhelming --- the physics inside these

Performance?

Zero-to-100 MpH <1.0 sec
    Standing 1/4 = ~4.0 sec @>310 MpH
    My old boss used to work for Goodyear as their on-site tire engineer for Top Fuel and Funny Car race cars. He said the sound of those engines when they started was insane. After years of being there, he said they would still make you jump if you weren't ready for it.

I asked him, does the driver even made a difference or do they just sit there releasing a clutch, hanging on, and releasing the chute and that the race is won in the pit? He said the best drivers make so many minute steering inputs to make sure they go in a perfectly straight line and that they can actually get feeling from the tires and can tell when they are off. He said John Force gave him lots of feedback on how he wanted his tires.

Ahhh . . . The Goode Olde Dayes . . .

. . . no emission controls, impact bumpers, seat-belts, air-bags, collapsible steering columns . . .

. . . self-control . . .

. . . discretion . . .

. . . taste

Oh-wait --- sorry . . .

'Barris'

Then/again, candy-apple paint --- and chrome . . . can only do so much

= Why I'm not a 'Hot Rodder'

We Can Be Heroes

The Deep End

I'm guessing that the Auto Show Folks had some space left over --- and a weird sense of humor/few too many . . . so the Galpin Guys got these in

The Little One looks like a representation of one of Stan Mott's 'Cyclops' --- an R&T cartoon that I never thought was all/that funny . . .

. . . and the Big One is Ford's infamous Pinto --- Spanish for rear-end explosion ('a$$ torch'?), I believe. Anyway, if you ever wanna know why 'Muricans are down on US-built small cars . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Mini . . .

. . . or what's left of what-once-wuz a Clubman

OK-yeah-yeah --- krappy photos . . .

. . . but all those ropes pretty-much eff'd-up this shot, anyway, so . . .

Interesting Little Menace. Tubbed + caged = pfunny car. Looks to be harboring some sorta blinged-out Honda 'plant --- sharing space w/ what I presume to be . . . gulp . . . an inter-cooler. Still --- room enough for a nitrous bottle-or-two, maybe?

I tell ya . . . some people's kids

Anyway, looks well-enough-executed --- albeit w/ some pfunky pfinishing . . . but I'm a sucker for copper-anything . . .

Then/again --- wrong-hand drive, so . . .

We Can Be Heroes