Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fuchs Reproduction Vs. Original wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    Thank you for this input, and sorry to hear they wouldn't clear 930 calipers. Will the real 7Rs clear them on your car?

Since you've had both Group4 and Maxilite wheels, can you comment on the visual accuracy of each, and the apparent quality of the castings and finish work? I still think about getting a set of 7Rs for another set of tires...
    Harvey widened a set of Deep 6's to make my 7R's and I've used these for about 12,000 miles. We had to shave the calipers a little to make them fit but genuine wheels do have more internal clearance than the reproductions.

I wanted a second set of 7R's mainly for track days so 100% accuracy wasn't my main concern and I chose an all black finish on the Group 4 set. Neither wheel is perfect but both are pretty good, the Group 4 may be a tad more accurate however dealing with the company's is night and day so for that reason and the TUV certification I'd go Maxilite each and every time.

HTH
    Cheers,

I just received some pictures from Maxilite of their Deep 6 wheel. Very nice wheel and I like the finish (while not anodized). More of a dull polish . . . certainly not a high mirror polish. But I'm curious about the lugnut seat. I asked Maxilite about this and they replied . . . 'The larger opening is for the socket to enter deeper while the lower seat is for the lugnut'.
    So assuming . . .
    1) The lugnut sits deeper into the wheel
    2) The center hub of the wheel is the same thickness as the original Fuch (which it should be)
    Will the closed-end lugnuts still work or will the wheel stud bottom-out in the lugnut?

Looking at the pictures from Anatol I can see he is using the original lugnuts, but I can't tell if his wheels have the same 'double lugnut seat'. And it appears in his pictures the lugnuts are sitting flush with the surface of the wheel.

I'm hoping anyone that has installed these wheels can provide some help . . .
    Do your Maxilite wheels have this same lugnut seat pictured below?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TEC69E; 01-31-2018 at 08:13 AM.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Maxilite also sells a set of black lugnuts for their wheels, I think around 80$

Stoddard is a stocking dealer for Maxilite Wheels.

http://www.stoddard.com/maxilite-whe...-mercedes.html
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by TEC69E View Post
    Will the closed-end lugnuts still work or will the wheel stud bottom-out in the lugnut?

I'm hoping anyone that has installed these wheels can provide some help . . .
    Do your Maxilite wheels have this same lugnut seat pictured below?
    I'm running standard lugnuts with no bottoming out, and I'm pretty confident mine have the same lugnut seat, but I will check tonight and confirm.
    Cam

Hmm, maybe I was wrong on the lugnut seat comment above! Here's some pics of mine from this morning:

The hole doesn't look as wide or as deep as the ones in Tom's post.

You could ask greggearhead on here about the seats (bought my maxilites from him and very happy with them).

Cam

I bought one recently from Sierra Madre to use as a spare and it looks more like Cam’s. (6” x 15”)

Name:  C328876C-4602-4D16-AF81-8B9097105092.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  99.6 KB

Jeffrey
    Early 911 S Registry #2984
    '68 912-6 2,7
    '05 911 Carrera S
    '90 Beck 550 Spyder (sold)
    '72 VW Squareback (sold)