Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford GT 350 Rides Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    I know what you mean, I hate the size and mass of most new cars. And the high shoulders and small greenhouses look ridiculous, imo, people look like under scale toys in them. Mazda seems to be able to keep the "package' relatively small with the Miata, so maybe there's hope?
    I drive a big truck and own old cars. Shapely cars.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Ridgelines aren't that big.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

New ride.
    This gets BETTER mpg than the Ridgeline EVER did and it has 397 hp and 765 lb/ft of torque so towing is a non-issue.
    I've had it less than a year and have already put nearly 16K on it. It's a pleasure to drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I wonder if your GT350 was not dialed in? I used to race a 66 GT350 and it drove great as did most of the 65-66 Shelbys when set up properly. As to the new muscle/pony cars being the size of a 60s full size car-not even close! My 69 Polara is 20+ feet long! Mine is the one in front.
    DSC03144.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    I had a 66 GT350 back in the day and it was kinda cool looking, but underwhelming to drive. The current generation of Mustang, Camaro and Challenger are pretty much the same size as "full size" cars were back in the late 50s/60s.

While domestic muscle cars are getting better in just about every way, I just can't get over the mass. but all cars designed to meet new side impact standards are pretty hefty and have more 'cowl height' than I prefer.
    67 911 , 69 911S, Ford V Ferrari 906LH, 85 Carrera...and-gasp! a bunch of Corvettes, Musclecars and Italian crap(330GTC,GTA/M,308GTB)

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    New ride.
    You let this slip away???
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    You let this slip away???
    I backed over it.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Soundtrack

Rumor is 8,000 rpm on tap. Sounds a little strange (flat plane) but will probably sound fantastic at the upper end of the "scale".

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-will...50r-model-way/
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Sounds pretty good. Supposedly the first car, with the polished outer rings, is the R, the other with the black wheels is the regular GT350.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDCNfwrMW_U
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

[QUOTEI know what you mean, I hate the size and mass of most new cars. And the high shoulders and small greenhouses look ridiculous, imo, people look like under scale toys in them.][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser