Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I get a copy of the Kardex?

This is a EU delivered car.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Quote Originally Posted by L.a.Brooks View Post
    Hi Larry,

If it's not too much trouble please could you tell me the diameter of the breather pipe on your 100L tank? (obscured in the photo)…..

…..I have a reproduction tank minus a breather pipe and the one I've been sent looks way too thick.

I appreciate any assistance.

Great project btw

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Darren65 View Post
    Hi Larry,

If it's not too much trouble please could you tell me the diameter of the breather pipe on your 100L tank? (obscured in the photo)…..

…..I have a reproduction tank minus a breather pipe and the one I've been sent looks way too thick.

I appreciate any assistance.

Great project btw

Cheers,
    Hello Darren,

The car is up on my lift with a car under it. With the Holiday coming I won't be able to move the car and lower the lift until early next week. But i did find a picture I took that shows it pretty well. I hadn't noticed, but the vent is bigger than I expected.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Darren,

The car is up on my lift with a car under it. With the Holiday coming I won't be able to move the car and lower the lift until early next week. But i did find a picture I took that shows it pretty well. I hadn't noticed, but the vent is bigger than I expected.
    Thanks Larry,

That's a great help and does look fatter than expected, in certain photos I've seen it looks less than half an inch?

Your tank is the real deal so if you could check then that would be great. I'm in no great rush so whenever convenient is fine and very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by platas View Post
    This is a EU delivered car.
    Just got Kardex - you are correct.

Size of the vent tube is 8mm OD. This is whats on my 1967
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Just got Kardex - you are correct.
    Newbie question here: So where CAN I get a Kardex for my '68 911L? I ordered a COA from Porsche a few weeks ago, but assuming that has some incomplete info (which seems like a pretty sure bet by reading many posts here!) how do I go about getting the Kardex? Thanks for the help on this.....
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

OK, so now I've confirmed that the car came with several performance options, some quite rare. That of course begs the question - why was it ordered with them? One answer would be for some sort competition purposes. Since there is no sign of a roll bar, past or present, I know this is probably unlikely, if not out of the question.

But still, any ideas on how I might be able to track down any record of this car participating?

Larry, you are goint to have to trace the rallyes from where car was ordered, it could be that the car was ordered by a gentleman driver, and had plans to or participated in local venues.

It could also be that he had this in mind and never did race it and sold it after ward. Any way its an intresting car.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

VIN = 119300512
    Eng# = 6290969
    Trans# = 7194057

6853 = BL.METAL = blau metallic

9368 = SOND.LAK = sonder lack = special paint

0002 = KFZ.BRF. = ?

Interesting stuff . . .

. . . and whatever happened with/to this vehicle, anyway?

We Can Be Heroes