Thread: 2.7 Rs EXPORT....what does it mean?? Please HELP!

2.7 Rs EXPORT....what does it mean?? Please HELP!

I need the help of all the 2.7RS experts

In the konradsheim book he say:

10jan1973: EXPORT cars get compressor instead of compressed air bottle
    9apr1973: Undercoating, windshield and dampering material as in series-production; this sheet-metal parts used until exhausted.M471 gets trim like M472 and steel rear bumper (horns without rubber). Compressor instead of compressed air bottle (homologation number achieved)

what does EXPORT mean??

EXPORT= ALL the RS sold outside Germany?
    or
    EXPORT= ALL the Rs sold outside Europe?
    Last edited by Pirulero; 11-25-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Dott. Konradsheim in person said me:

EXPORT= ALL the RS sold outside Germany

Piru are you still trying to figure this out? As I said in the other thread it was Jan 73. Porsche ALWAYS used the time honored tradition of "waste not, want not". You can't possibly pin down exact date for these things. Especially during transition periods. They used all the older ancillary things until they were used up. Then switched full time to the newer designs or parts. This has been true since the 356 days. Dealerships also used up the older items. This why so many cars ended up with "wrong" parts. But it was part of the Porsche culture back in the day even after factory directives announcing part changes, they,including dealers used everything.

I once owned the first ever T2 speedster. A steel panel GT 4 cam. The car had all the earmarks of the T2 but had a T1 hood pull and the heater valve sill behind the shift lever. Go figure! Weird but true, nothing surprises me with old Porsches.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club