Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help: 1973 Carrera RS VIN 9113600939

Wow, and still be offered up as a real RS? Has the consignor changed his tune (i.e. Pricing)? Did he know it was a fake? I mean this is kind of a major deal, no?
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

The owner is very upset. It has been a big surprise for him. He bought this car in 2008 from a "friend" of him...
    No. He is not offering the car no longer. He is thinking in selling all car´s parts, and destroy the bodyshell... once his lawyers let him do it..... he has a very big problem with the previous owner.

Wouch! . . . . . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Angel,

After seeing the production number for this car and knowing it was not an original '73 Carrera I was wondering if there is any racing history in the '70s or '80s with this car the previous owner would know about?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

The back story on "the faking" would be interesting. I bet it doesn't hold a candle to the 9113601416 thread on Pelican... what a doozie that was
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...must-read.html

Not for nothing, there is a thread buried on S Registry that posts excerpts from a factory printout. The printout has a decent number of dash numbers for RS cars. I know Brian knows what I am referrring to...

Probably time someone thinks about taking those particular posts down...
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    Angel,

After seeing the production number for this car and knowing it was not an original '73 Carrera I was wondering if there is any racing history in the '70s or '80s with this car the previous owner would know about?
    I'm sure a lot of RS were "rebodied" at a moment of their lives. This was quite usual at a time when they were quite inexpensive and only tools for racing or having fun. It always was illegal in France of course...except if you use a brand new shell delivered by the factory.

At least, the current owner seems to be honest.

9113600939...as seen today in a back area at the Canepa Cars & Coffee in Santa Cruz...
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Interesting. Based on how the VIN stamps looks (factory correct) this is the real RS 0939. The original poster of the thread sent me photos back in 12/2014 of a 911 race car that was a fake RS 0939. The VIN stamp was wrong, the production number was for a '71 Karmann coupe and it also had a restamped engine case. Hopefully this car was destroyed.

Too bad about the fire in the trunk of 0939 but looks restorable for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thank you for the upadate.