Thread: 1970 Dash knobs

1970 Dash knobs

Hi, started a new thread yesterday but somehow my post was lost in the cyberspace, so please apologize if at some stage it shows up duplicated.

My car has undergone a complete restoration and while looking at other cars' pics I'm not sure if I have the correct knobs.

Pics below

Lights: As you can see my knob is plain back with no insert, is this correct or does it have to have the light symbol?

Defroster: I have a Green cracked defroster insert, while looking for replacements I find all being offered are red; which is the correct colour?

Cigarrete Lighter: I just bought a used one, so that one is solved.

The Little hole at the left of the cigarrette lighter, is it supposed to be there? My car has no fog lights

As per the COA it had rear window wiper (lost sometime in the past 48 yrs), where should be switch installed? any idea where I can get a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help

David
    Attached Images Attached Images     

You got a mixed set, those with sign are US market specs, those who are plain are RoW.
    If one of the two outer knobs is not used/installed, a flat plastic cap covers the hole.

Here is my unrestored November 1970 built RoW swiss market 911T.
    It does has additional high-beam driving lights installed.

Name:  B68CDEDB-4C66-4A48-9B43-172CF8877CAF.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  63.6 KB
    Name:  11E88901-474F-44C4-8A14-84D309F17C8D.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  106.4 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-04-2018 at 02:49 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Thanks 911T1971, my car was delivered in Italy although it travelled to the US at some stage, now it's back in Europe.

I understand from your reply that the lights knob is correct for a European car but the defroster isn't and the correct one should be plain black with no symbol in it

Thanks for your help

Our post crossed.
    Of what I learned Italian market had sometime their own equipment and differed slightly, warning lights were not always mandatory, front indicator light housing were unique and few came standard with seat belts.
    US market also had 4 green decals on steering wheel housing for wiper indications, RoW not.
    Registry member No.773

hahaha ... fricking germans!!!!!! .... nowadays no such madness in colors, options, etc

Thanks for your reply

Haha... David is back

https://youtu.be/zZ208vffS9o

My Italian 1970T Dash knob(s).

eric