Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Build date column added to our data base……

Thumbs up

Any thought of having this on-line in a members only section??
    YES............. Stay tuned.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

good idea
    john

Quote Originally Posted by Fubawu View Post
    Great thanks Chuck, as far as I know I am paid and up to date. No one has sent any thugs after me yet!
    Any thought of having this on-line in a members only section??
    Having it online is a great idea.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Lightbulb How'bout'this....

So I'm at the Rennsport V Porsche tent and a friend said that if you fill out a form you can get a cool gift (true) also the form had your basic info and your car's VIN. After I was handed the gift and was asked if I wanted to have my VIN looked up in the data base. I had done this before at Rennsport 3 in Daytona and nothing new was learned, but I thought 'what'the'hell...

The young German Porsche guy inputted my VIN and started coming up with all the info I already knew... I fact I recited what he was going to come up next: Blue Metallic, Black leatherette, Black leather sport seats R/L, Limited slip, Tinted windows.... The young tech said "Vell, vell, you know your car quite vell sir.... By the vay, I guess you know it's build date?" I said sure, it's April, he asked "And the day it was built?"........... I said WHAT??????? ...

The one part of the puzzle I've never known. Ive always known that it was an April build, May shipped/delivered, and June sold from the two documents I sent away to Germany and Nevada (old PCNA home) 26 years ago for, and my owners records... but never the actual day it was built. The young man answered the look on my face with "Yah, we recently scanned all the information of the old records into our data base (sorry, I didn't ask how old, or what other records?)

After looking at the info on his screen I asked for a printout, to that he said "Oh no, I'm sorry sir we have no printouts, but please write down the info you need"

Today I will ask Fred to add that my 911 was built on April 18th...........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Today I will ask Fred to add that my 911 was built on April 18th...........
    a new birthday to celebrate each year!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

1990 I don't know the date and month

Lets freshen this posting,

Having the date of each cars build is just so good.

Go back to the first post and pick up correct method to list the build date MM-DD-YYYY
    and send to Fred Truman

fctruem@verizon.net

Thank you.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I've been through this process with other marques. It's going to take decades of work. Decades.

Richard Newton

I wanted to verify my build date so yesterday afternoon called 1-800-PORSCHE. The woman who answered was pleasant and helpful. Within an hour she called back to confirm December 4, 1969. High marks to Porsche Cars North America for this service.