Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early 911 SOLEX Center Lube Camshaft OEM NOS + Solex Center Lube Alloy Covers

FS: Early 911 SOLEX Center Lube Camshaft OEM NOS + Solex Center Lube Alloy Covers

Was asking $1,800 NEW PRICE $1,750 (was offered for-sale on eBay) FYI, the center-lube covers were sold long ago.

I only have the one Solex Center Lube camshaft, it is NOS and in the factory packaging, pn 901.105.110.01

DSC05984a.jpg

Unfortunately I only have the one camshaft, pn 901.105.110.01. The other side will have to be sourced...

DSC05986a.jpg

The Solex Center Lube Alloy Covers were recently cleaned, lightly refaced and media tumbled at Ollie's.

Larger photos of the Early 911 Alloy Center Lube Chainbox Covers

DSC08859.jpg

These parts were also used in a Porsche factory prepared 914-6 GT twin plug race motor.

DSC08862.jpg

DSC08866.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 12-02-2018 at 12:21 PM.

DSC05986b.jpg

these covers were sold

DSC08863.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 11-29-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Are you positive that the L cover is for solex engines since it's lacking the possibility to mount a twin fuel pump (cam driven).
    Of course if you use a non (elec) stock fuel pump this L cover will work.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

The only alloy center lube covers available at that time besides the Mag 906 I believe were the Solex so that's why I refer to them as such, besides having the same casting part number....
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 12-15-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 914-6gt View Post
    The only alloy center lube covers available at that time besides the Mag 906 I believe were the Solex so that's why I refer to them as such, besides having the same casting part number....
    Again than the dual fuel pump can not be used.

This deserves further research to tell what it really is

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Again than the dual fuel pump can not be used.

This deserves further research to tell what it really is

Richard
    Richard, it is very obvious by my photos the provision for the dual fuel pumps on the left cover is non-existent and therefore anyone interested in these parts should logically notice. These parts are for someone interested in running Solex 'center-lube' cams with corresponding center-lube covers in an early 911 engine. If running dual Solex fuel pumps is the goal, then an individual wouldn't, shouldn't be buying these parts. There is zero further to research if in fact this is the case...

Quote Originally Posted by 914-6gt View Post
    Richard, it is very obvious by my photos the provision for the dual fuel pumps on the left cover is non-existent and therefore anyone interested in these parts should logically notice. These parts are for someone interested in running Solex 'center-lube' cams with corresponding center-lube covers in an early 911 engine. If running dual Solex fuel pumps is the goal, then an individual wouldn't, shouldn't be buying these parts. There is zero further to research if in fact this is the case...
    That I understand.

To me it's just interesting that this was made available. What is the casting date on the inside?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    That I understand.

To me it's just interesting that this was made available. What is the casting date on the inside?

Richard
    THESE COVERS WERE SOLD!

Here you go...

DSC08864.jpg

the image was flipped to make it easier to read...

DSC08865a.jpg

The other cover...

DSC08865.jpg

DSC08864a.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 11-29-2017 at 11:52 AM.

are there 5 dots in an circle around the 65?

The .05 is rare (the R side .02 is not)

You just wonder, apparently this cover was made while the street cars at that time had the dual fuel pump. What was the application Porsche had for these covers? A 904/6? (I am not a 904 expert but believe they shared the 901 alu engine but run on webers and those didn't need the dual fuel pump).

Richard

I have no idea Richard.

A decade or so ago, I came across a shop that apparently had an early twin plug engine with the very same Alloy center lube covers installed, that got my attention and I took these photos... Means nothing, as I have no history about the origin of this particular engine...

Early 911 Center Lube Covers and Housings Restored - Photo 10.jpg