Thread: 1976 Turbo at RM hammer price ?

1976 Turbo at RM hammer price ?

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1071878

what was the hammer price in this nice Turbo ?

Thanks

Micke

$130k, I think it was penalized for being painted "re-sale" red. Looks like a very nice specimen for the $$.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Had been hit hard and was color change......ALL the money for a wrecked color change!
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Banned
    All the money indeed.

That engine/trans was in my shop for 20 years while the insurance totaled, crashed chassis was being fixed. I begged the owner to repaint to original Mahogany Metallic but he was convinced it would be worth more in Guards Red.

Some people still can't get the eighties out of their brains.

Explains the price, I'm sure full disclosure was practiced.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    Explains the price, I'm sure full disclosure was practiced.

Phil
    It sure was....
    This particular 1976 Porsche 911 Turbo has recently been mechanically and cosmetically refreshed by its second owner.... it was also decided that this already remarkable original car would be brought back to as-new condition through a full refurbishment that used only the existing original parts to match the stunning paint job. This was done as a labor of love over the next several years, and during this time, the car was completely dismantled and every component was brought back to as-new condition.

p.s. Frank if you restored it, it looks great. RM just has one really good marketing writer.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

They are all capable of slinging BS.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    They are all capable of slinging BS.
    Quite right Tom. What the above description should have said was:

"Purchased as a wrecked insurance total in the '80's, a top notch Phoenix, AZ. body shop spent over two decades repairing the front end collision damage when time allowed. Against expert advice the decision was made by the body shop to change the exterior color from the original Mahogany Metallic to Guards Red and interior color from Cork leather to Black. The result was a very well assembled car with a 20-25% decrease in value because of the non-original color choices."

Oh how wonderful it would be to live in a world like this!

I inspected the car closely and it was evident it was not quite square. Drivers fender was way out at the top of the fender, yet gaps were too tight at the bottom. Hood was several mm right of center and passenger fender was closer but low at the top. There was a "wow" in the left rear quarter. Lots of little, small items weren't quite right such as someone painting the headlight washers shiny black, the wrong trunk carpet, seats slightly bunchy, etc. Loved the turbo graphics and correct bamburg radio. To the average eye it was a spectacular car, to the trained eye issues were apparent. To drive it was great, as a collector, not so sure... Overall probably fairly bought and sold, hence the lower than expected sale price.