Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: MOMO Montecarlo horn button

Mark, no button. But I do like your new signature

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    The Monti Carlo is one of the rarest early MOMOs
    Very nice. When did you pick that one up? Gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Mark, no button. But I do like your new signature
    Yup... A 'fake piece of crap',

but I still love it
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

You're the 7th result on Google Image Search for "fake piece of crap". I think you're famous.

* can I assume that is some self-deprecating humor and not an actual quote from one of our hobby's cognescenti?
    Last edited by CurtEgerer; 02-02-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Let's say 75% self-deprecating and 25% the other... but, I've paraphrased and it's no one in particular.
    I blame Conklin because I'm so damn envious of that freaking car of his.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Curt's post got me curious, this is what shows up just before your car in the Google image search. Doesn't say if it has a Camaro or Ferrari horn button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Well Mark, at least it's not a Targa

Hi Mark,

I accidentally ran across this thread, looking for some info on the monte carlo steering wheel. I assume you may have seen it pass on my Instagram but I was lucky enough to finally get my hands on one of these "unobtainable" monte carlo horn buttons.
    I guess I dont really need to mention it, but just in case, this is part of me now and not for sale
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Five years on from Mark's first post and now I can see the button and wheel together! Would someone care to provide some info on the wheel? Date? Diameter? etc, for the less fortunate amongst us!

BTW I bought the MOMO 50 Years book

50-Years-Book.jpg

and hoped that it would cover the history of the steering wheels in some detail but...

Maybe Mark and Robi could come up with something like A Taxonomy of Office Chairs:

taxonomy.jpg
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Hi Robi,

Not to burst your bubble, but I have one of those too and I believe Mark told me they were reproductions. I know that you know your stuff, but does the back look old enough to you?

Best,
    Mike