Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73T targa value

73T targa value

Thinking of selling any thoughts of value?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Registry #1777

Sure, go here:
    http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch

Enter your car's year and model. Estimate actual condition based on the pretty chart. Hint, your car is not a #1 (almost nobody's is), probably not a #2 either.. I like to shoot somewhere between 2 and 3 for a nice driver (that number seems to correlate with sales I see online and in person). Then in your case take off $500 for the momo wheel (unless you kept the original) and another $500 for the aftermarket radio (unless you also kept the original). More deductions if you have ugly speakers in the door panels... And something for the duck tail too (unless it's a real RS one)... that'll get you a ballpark.

But I'm sure you are receiving PM offers as it is, so that's a good number as well ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Thanks for the reply I do have the original wheel and engine cover.
    I also have 75% of the original MFI
    Registry #1777

The market if pretty flat right now. You can even see it in the Hagerty charts.

You might want to see what happens at the Amelia auctions. On the other hand it's really tricky to time a sale. The market could decline. Especially if Europe goes in the tank. Europe and Russia have been driving this market.

Richard Newton
    Techie Stuff

Red fan = ? . . . . . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D. View Post
    Sure, go here:
    http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch

Enter your car's year and model. Estimate actual condition based on the pretty chart. Hint, your car is not a #1 (almost nobody's is), probably not a #2 either.. I like to shoot somewhere between 2 and 3 for a nice driver (that number seems to correlate with sales I see online and in person). Then in your case take off $500 for the momo wheel (unless you kept the original) and another $500 for the aftermarket radio (unless you also kept the original). More deductions if you have ugly speakers in the door panels... And something for the duck tail too (unless it's a real RS one)... that'll get you a ballpark.

But I'm sure you are receiving PM offers as it is, so that's a good number as well ;-)
    Hey Guys.............living in CA & pricing out early 911 CA cars................it seems buyers out here just pay a "lot" more than the Hagerty "average" or is that just me? Hagerty valuations just seem low...............for instance a 73E (condition 1, great color, etc.) goes for $175K easily in CA coupe or targa. Hagerty has a condition 1 73E less than $150K!
    65 Sunroof 356C, 70S Targa, 89 Carrera Coupe (original owner), 98 C2S Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bjm12001 View Post
    Hey Guys.............living in CA & pricing out early 911 CA cars................it seems buyers out here just pay a "lot" more than the Hagerty "average" or is that just me? Hagerty valuations just seem low...............for instance a 73E (condition 1, great color, etc.) goes for $175K easily in CA coupe or targa. Hagerty has a condition 1 73E less than $150K!

I agree... Which is why when I look at haggerty's charts, I'm shooting for somewhere between that car's condition and the one above (seems to match the market better). For example, between cond 2 and 3 for a nice driver, instead of just cond 3. It's a ballpark anyway... That said, there probably are alot of folks who think their car is C1 or C2 but truly is not.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Yep.........with regard to Plummer's car I need to see more pix to figure out what it's worth. A CA 73T MFI condition 1 car with a desirable color is now in the $130K neighborhood assuming all original/correct stuff. So far looking at this 73T it needs a refresh of paint & other cosmetic undos, needs the correct seats and other things Greg mentioned (can't tell much from pix), 25% MFI?? (hope 75% MFI means pump & throttle bodies available), body work/rust unknown based on the available pix, engine condition unknown based on description/pix, etc. So for a "beginner" restorer like me looking for a 73T MFI restoration project if the car needs everything including moderate bodywork I will be in it for more then its worth for a MFI T over $40K. So in MHO, if this 73T MFI car is straight/no rust and only needs repaint/engine/interior/suspension/misc. other work and the owner has the missing original parts mentioned ..............maybe $60K?? BTW Plummer............what is the original color of the car?
    Last edited by bjm12001; 01-29-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    65 Sunroof 356C, 70S Targa, 89 Carrera Coupe (original owner), 98 C2S Coupe

I'm pretty sure it's not everyone's favorite sepia brown.
    I don't have a COA but will order.
    I have the throttle bodies, pump, linkages, injectors but missing some of the fuel lines.
    The car is originally from California and I have the original maintenance book.
    Very clean and rust free, I had it appraised a few years ago by one of the Porsche authorities in Toronto.
    He has been asked to judge a few shows and been a consultant on some restorations.
    I can post some additional pictures this weekend.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Registry #1777

"Red Fan" signature of that world famous x-factory engine team
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser