Moving right along. The primer looks good and now the real work begins. Time to put in my sweat equity into the car. Its still really warm so there is lots of sweat going on.

Let's see, I skim coated all the panels with filler to block the car smooth. the process is simple, skim and then sand, and sand, and sand and sand... Always fun spending money on good product and basically sanding it all off onto the floor only to be swept up and into the trash. Ahh, such is lift. But that's the way panels come out straight.

The two fenders, two doors and rear quarter panels are nicely blocked down. The large alternating high (metal or primer) and low (filler) islands that form after blocking the car mean I am pretty straight. The long transitions between these areas also are an indicator that the car is really starting to smooth out. I guess all that elbow grease with a long board sander are starting to pay off. And yes, my shoulders have been sore. I have not been to the gym in a week. Don't need to go.

While blocking the car I keep finding small defects. Like the rocker trim holes I forgot to weld up. Those are all done. My to-do list is getting smaller...

The roof had a few low spots. These were large depressions that looked a box or something was stored on the roof. To be honest, I have no idea what could have been stored on the roof. I just had to fix it. There were 3 main depressions that were only visible after putting primer. The extra gloss made them stand out. These are now islands in the sea of the roof panel. The hard part about blocking the roof is that is you push down too hard the roof will bow inward and you get poor results. So, light pressure is key. This means it takes a long time to get it right.

I am about to put the car into a second coat of epoxy followed by high build. Then the final blocking will start.