Definition: Minneola. A tangy cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit. They are odd shaped, larger than their cousin's and are known for being quite juicy.

So, Minne (pronounced like Minnie, as in mouse) is a 1972 911T in tangerine, non-sunroof coupe roller. I have no idea what the interior color is other than an ivory headliner - because there is no interior. There is no motor. This is the perfect start to build a tangy, early car.

These cars are still out there. It just takes some searching. Here are a few pictures.

What is that behind the bushes?

Oh, its a 911.

Loaded on the trailer. At least the tires held air long enough to roll onto the trailer.

First order of business. Fix some rust. Rear deck? Its not there.

Really, Its not there. The car sat outside without glass for many years.

This is a relatively easy panel to replace and the sheet metal came with the car.

Other rust areas...

Front pan? Yep, just like many other pre galvanized cars it needs to be replaced.
Front pedal cluster? mostly clean but needs a patch.
Front tunnel section? Well, water pooled in the front section so it needs some attention.

Otherwise, The car is structurally solid.

Rockers? Clean as can be.
Lateral tank supports? Look like new.
Exterior? Yes. needs to be completely stripped but it is straight.

What are my plans? I am guessing 18 months for bodywork and paint. Then I can consider what the options are for suspension and drivetrain. No way this car will get restored to original. Its just not all there. I am not sure what I will do yet but I have many ideas. I have plenty of time to think about it.

It will probably be a parts bin car. Meaning, I will look in my parts bin (Garage, storage, shed, etc) to see what I have. There are a few motors, transmission and other choices. Interior will be spartan but have some creature comforts. Somewhat a spicy variant of street rod, track car and GT car. Fully capable and plenty of juice. A perfect match to her name.

Not sure when the next update will be. Probably a picture of the tub on an octisserie to work on the underside.

Wherever I end up it will be a fun, and often frustrating journey.