Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 911t

Not a whole lot in the way of progress lately. I had to go to my parent's house this weekend and re-arrange my car collection to make room for the 911. I changed the water pump on my '75 Stingray and took her out for a little drive. Nothing like the sound of a cammed V8 with open headers (haven't installed exhaust yet) I'll probably sand some more tomorrow on the 911 if I have the time. The "flocking" came in for the door pockets, I'm just waiting on the German vinyl from Autobahn and I should be able to get started on reupholstering them.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

So, today I got my quote from Ollies. The total is around $2900. I about fell in the floor... Still in shock... This stuff isn't for the "faint of heart".
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    Lol

That's the cheap part of the process you tightwad.

There are good reasons why we can't rebuild old 911 motors for 10k anymore.

Have you considered switching to an MG?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    . . . got my quote from Ollies. The total is around $2900. I about fell in the floor... Still in shock . . .
    Thanks for those figures, Seb

Most people here treat what they pay for stuff like its classified information

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Lol

That's the cheap part of the process you tightwad.

There are good reasons why we can't rebuild old 911 motors for 10k anymore.

Have you considered switching to an MG?
    You're right Frank, I am a tightwad. I bought my first house and 911 when I was 23. I don't know how many other young adults can say the same. Being on top of my money allows me to have toys like this, so no I'm not switching to an MG lol.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Thanks for those figures, Seb

Most people here treat what they pay for stuff like its classified information
    No problem. I will post up the build sheet when I get it back. I was expecting around 2200 but they had to line bore it back to standard so that was an extra 725.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Got my air deflectors and engine tin powder coated Name:  20150319_235202.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  36.1 KBName:  20150319_235129.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  31.1 KB Here's the shelf in my spare room where I store all my parts. Getting organized! Name:  20150319_124235.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  48.5 KB
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Name:  20150321_161908.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  93.5 KB
    So, I got out most of my interior today. All that's left is headliner, dash, one sport seat, and the back to one of the rear seats (bolt was a little tight so I sprayed with liquid wrench will try again in the a.m.) I have been breaking up the sound deadening material as it has cracked and is loose. The floor feels really good and solid, only minimal surface rust so far. What are my options as far as replacing the sound deadening? Go with dynamat? Or is there something similar as to what I'm removing that I can reapply when I'm done stripping and prepping everything? Will post more pics tomorrow!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    You're right Frank, I am a tightwad. I bought my first house and 911 when I was 23. I don't know how many other young adults can say the same. Being on top of my money allows me to have toys like this, so no I'm not switching to an MG lol.
    Good for you.
    You're absolutely right: Most guys your age are perfectly content sharing a condo with 5 other manboys so they can spend most of their dough on entertainment, recreation, and their social life.

Ollie's work is impeccable. Arguably the eng case is the most important place to spend money on a rebuild. Second most important place is your local beer warehouse... for the mechanic who's giving you sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Good for you.
    You're absolutely right: Most guys your age are perfectly content sharing a condo with 5 other manboys so they can spend most of their dough on entertainment, recreation, and their social life.

Ollie's work is impeccable. Arguably the eng case is the most important place to spend money on a rebuild. Second most important place is your local beer warehouse... for the mechanic who's giving you sound advice.
    I prefer sharing my house with just my wife and the cat...and maybe a little one one day! Yeah, I've got to find out Rusty's favorite brew. He has been a BIG help so I'm glad I lucked out and have him close by.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28