Size:  48.4 KB
    My beautiful wife Korinna
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    What's with the muzzle?

Are you a biter?

Wouldn't you like to know

Was sanding and stepped away for a second to help grab the glass out of the car.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Alright! --- really diggin' in there, Seb. Fun to have help, huh? And from what I can see, your floors -- and a lot else . . . all look pretty decent, too --- at least on the inside

And I'm dyin' to hear about your motor stuff. What's The Plan, anyways? Bumping the hp, I presume . . . + staying w/ carbs?

And any surprises, so far?

Great progress, too

We Can Be Heroes

Oh my, it is good to get a good laugh to start ones day. Frank, have you ever fished fro SeaBass? Sebastians nickname. Never dull and somehow likeable.
    This just gets better everyday.
    Was running about 130 in my 65 911 in the late 60s, Upper Michigan when I heard a terrible noise from left rear, thought is was a pesky Nadella half shaft and I could just see the underside of the car in my mind. When we pulled over found that a new Pirelli had thrown it tread. Lucky! Porsche offered an upgrade kit at that time to convert to CVs.
    Beautiful car Bali Blue with a light blue/grey leather interior.
    later,
    Rusty

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Alright! --- really diggin' in there, Seb. Fun to have help, huh? And from what I can see, your floors -- and a lot else . . . all look pretty decent, too --- at least on the inside

And I'm dyin' to hear about your motor stuff. What's The Plan, anyways? Bumping the hp, I presume . . . + staying w/ carbs?

And any surprises, so far?

Great progress, too
    LongRanger, the floors are really solid, just a little surface rust. We've been sanding it out and hitting it with a wire wheel. Almost have all of that sound deadening out too. The parcel shelf is rusted through in a few places so I'm going to have to buy one and get it welded in. All the metal where the rear glass sits in place is in good condition though so that's good. We found some body filler in the engine deck lid and some in the passenger quarter panel, nothing major though.. The motor is still at Ollies, it's getting piston squirters, oil bypass upgrade, etc, decided to not notch the case but I'm going to go with 86mm p's and c's. I'll probably run aftermarket cams as well and the heads are going to be gone through with a three angle valve job. I'm thinking about going with PMO carbs.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Enjoyable thread, and work ethic.

Sound deadening - with a drivetrain in the rear of the car, it's not clear how much benefit there is with that stuff. Carpet and a pad will dampen sound also.

Always been curious about the rear engine-pad for one reason. When one got pulled on a 3.0 and stock muffler, there wasn't one decibel difference I could hear on a mid year car.

Of all the noise, bass frequency is the killer (often w sport muffler). If resonance is coming through the rear parcel shelf and then amplified, Dynamat or other material will mask it some, but not eliminate it.

Phil

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group! If you are going to restore the car to its OEM condition, you may want to consider removing the aftermarket front lip spoiler which was OEM for 1972-1973 E and S cars (and available as an option on T cars), but was not an option in MY 1971. Over the years, many older cars were "updated" with the addition of the 72-73 front spoiler, often with fiberglass add ons, sometimes with steel. A return to Leaf Green, if you elect to go this route, will be terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group! If you are going to restore the car to its OEM condition, you may want to consider removing the aftermarket front lip spoiler which was OEM for 1972-1973 E and S cars (and available as an option on T cars), but was not an option in MY 1971. Over the years, many older cars were "updated" with the addition of the 72-73 front spoiler, often with fiberglass add ons, sometimes with steel. A return to Leaf Green, if you elect to go this route, will be terrific!
    Pinball, that's the plan take her back to Irish Green!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28