Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 911t

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Oh, so this is like a Time Out? No wonder I'm so comfortable here.

Never was a big supporter of censorship... unless of course individuals are being personally attacked.

Real world conversations sometimes digress and go different directions. It seems to me this should be up north as long as the overall spirit of the thread is on point.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Didn't know we weren't allowed to talk about ANYTHING else other than old 911's. While I do love the cars, I'm here to make friends as well. What does friendly conversation hurt Chuck? With that being said, I don't think I'm deleting anything. We need to end the ever-rampant unnecessary censorship on this page!!!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    The motor is STILL at Ollies in Arizona. I had my wife call the other day to check on it. I guess their workload is pretty crazy out there.They said about 3-4 more weeks. I'm underway right now on the USS Ponce, I'll be back in Bahrain soon enough though. I've been pinching pennies to pay off my tab at Ollies and saving up for the rest of the components to assemble my engine (p's & c's, gaskets, etc). I will post some videos and pics when we come back. Right now I can't disclose too much of what's going on but I have been meaning to get on here and see how everyone's doing. The board is pretty quiet! Haven't even heard from Frankie
    I was wondering where this thread went. Why the hell is it in off topic?

At any rate, fair winds Shipmate. Been a long time since I've had Gulf grit in my eyes. Tell the Ayatollah I said "Hi".

ET2SW
    83-89
    USS Enterprise CVN-65 ships company 85-89

I'm often out in Chesapeake and I'm supposed to be out there this fall for about a month working on a Navy Satcom system. Would be great to meet up.

Do you guys even do letters anymore? I'd have killed for the level of communications you get to enjoy these days...

Stay safe brother.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    We need to end the ever-rampant unnecessary censorship on this page!!!
    Did someone say Rampant?

My FAVORITE IPA at the moment. And CHEAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did someone say Rampant?

My FAVORITE IPA at the moment. And CHEAP.
    Looks good Frankie! I haven't had a drop since I left the states.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    I was wondering where this thread went. Why the hell is it in off topic?

At any rate, fair winds Shipmate. Been a long time since I've had Gulf grit in my eyes. Tell the Ayatollah I said "Hi".

ET2SW
    83-89
    USS Enterprise CVN-65 ships company 85-89

I'm often out in Chesapeake and I'm supposed to be out there this fall for about a month working on a Navy Satcom system. Would be great to meet up.

Do you guys even do letters anymore? I'd have killed for the level of communications you get to enjoy these days...

Stay safe brother.
    Michael,
    You'd have to ask our admin as to why this great thread was moved into "off topic." It seems friendly banter among friends, isn't allowed. We must ONLY talk of the mighty 911-not a word of ANYTHING else!

While I was at VFA-106 (rag squadron for F18's) we did a boat det and we came back the same day as the Enterprise did for her final deployment. We are on the USS Ponce out here and it is a totally different ship as it's ran by mostly civilians. We are just on here to do our mission and then after that it's back to my hotel! The only thing that sucks about this deployment is the boat and the Bahrain heat! I'll be back in the states in October. It'd be nice to meet up and I could show you the car. Hopefully I get the engine back soon and she should be going off for paint and body when I get back.

Thanks for your service, I envoy you "Old Navy" guys.. nothing like hearing my grandfather's sea stories! So much has changed now, you wouldn't believe it...
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

I imagine!!!!

Can't believe I was onboard the E when they first started Qual'ng the FA-18s and they're now talking about retiring them and the E is getting cut up,,,,,sigh.

Grandfather??? Hey I'm not that old kid.... Well, technically I'm old enough

My Dad was a Navy CT spook who spent his whole time on Guam just after Korea. The Ole Man still won't tell me what he did, the old coot. I have a Great Grandfather in my lineage that was Navy as well.... Now THOSE would have been some stories to hear.

I hate some of the recent uniform changes by the way.. Got to say... Blue camo????
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Between this thread and the Raj thread it seems all the good stuff is in "off topics" now!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Banned
    Ed,

OT is where the cool kids hang.

Ed,

OT is where the cool kids hang.
    The real cool kids are deleted all together.

Hear it's your Birthday Sebastian. Happy Birthday!
    Ryan Billy, Grasshopper learning from the Grand Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan242v View Post
    The real cool kids are deleted all together.

Hear it's your Birthday Sebastian. Happy Birthday!
    Thanks Ryan!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28