Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 911t

Need a favor... I need a picture of the rear of the car (passenger side), with the tail light assembly removed. Odd request I know, but I need it to address an issue we discovered. Thanks!

Seb
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Name:  20161008_144230.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  101.8 KBName:  20161008_144248.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  91.2 KBName:  Parcel shelf 2.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  104.7 KB
    Last edited by sebastianroher; 10-08-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Hi Sebastian

Great work. So good to see rusty metal leaving and fresh metal taking it's place. I have a 71t also that requires most all of the same work that you are doing. I too have to do the rear parcel shelf. Yours looks to be going in very well - looks like your body guy knows exactly how to coax sheet metal into place - no easy thing.

Anyhow - keep it up! Cant wait to see the finished product; especially those sports seats of yours (I am green with envy!) I have standard Recaro's which I'm midway through restoring now. I never fully appreciated how intricate seats are - so many types of finish and materials involved.

Best of luck! I'm subscribed ...

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for subscribing. I hope to almost be done with the sheet metal once the front suspension pan goes in soon. Please tell me more about your car! And if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Sebastian
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Sent my shifter and parking brake/heater/throttle control assemblies out to be restored by Whit Maletic. I'll post pictures once they return.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Got the parcel shelf finished, and back on the ground. Now we wait for the fabricator to build a rotisserie so we can do the front suspension pan. Then off to another body shop for media blasting and to finish bodywork then paint!
    Name:  Porsche Driver Side.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  111.3 KBName:  Porsche Passenger Side.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  100.5 KBName:  Porsche Parcel Shelf 1.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  99.0 KBName:  Porsche Parcel Shelf 2.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  94.6 KB
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    Sent my shifter and parking brake/heater/throttle control assemblies out to be restored by Whit Maletic. I'll post pictures once they return.
    What?

Back in the old days we didn't have boutique outfits restoring shifters and parking brake assemblies. Are you outsourcing your fresh air blower for restoration too?

BTW: That's a darn fine eng lid you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    What?

Back in the old days we didn't have boutique outfits restoring shifters and parking brake assemblies. Are you outsourcing your fresh air blower for restoration too?

BTW: That's a darn fine eng lid you have there.
    Thanks for the lid Frank!
    My body guy said it fits a lot better than that earlier one that was on the car when I bought it.

So are you volunteering yourself for my pedal restoration?
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    "Pedal restoration" is literally a 2 hour job not including paint. 3 hours if you drink beer whilst sanding shafts.
    Buy a bronze bushing kit and new spring and you're good to go.

Seriously: EZ-PZ.

Exactly. In fact you can buy the entire base plate brand-new for the pedal assembly pretty cheap from Porsche.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439