Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 911t

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    . . . . . . . .
    Excellent! Green + blue + Sports Seats = boom-shaka-laka-laka

Nice high-speed touch w/ the door pockets, there, too, Seb

I know where you might score some replacements . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . thought I would gather up extra door pockets stored around our two shops because of all of our 69-73 projects going on; this was part of the haul.
    I am soooo glad I inherited packrat DNA from my parents . . .
    Nothin' like an Olde Threade, eh Frankster? . . .

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    I guess now I get to start compiling lists of parts/tools I need to buy... anything you recommend I purchase to get started?
    Yes!

Find out what Rusty's favorite beer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Yes!

Find out what Rusty's favorite beer is.
    Yes! we've already got the spare engine over there and trying to re-awaken the long dormant beast So you've got some door pockets for me Frank?
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

I guess now I get to start compiling lists of parts/tools I need to buy... anything you recommend I purchase to get started?
    Yes, a garage. Get that car dry and inside somewhere else while you build your garage.
    Clarke
    Early S Registry member #3172

Current
    Race: 10 GT3 pca-GT2, (2) 78 911 pca-E 3.2L
    Street: 05 997S Launch, 75 911S Gemini Blue 3.0L, 68 912

Past
    68 912, 68 911, 69 911T, 71 911T, 72 911T, 73 911T, 73.5 911T, 75 911S, 77 911, 82 911SC, 91 964 C4, 02 996 cab, 05 997S Launch, 06 997 C4S cab, 10 Cayenne GTS, 11 GT3RS, 11 GT3RS

"I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss." Arthur

I think never saw blue Sports Seats in a 2.2l. Id did in a 2.4l but never in a 2.2l. Rare.
    Registry member No.773

Started the tear-down under the supervision of the Porsche "Master" my good friend Rusty. Surprisingly no broken bolts yet and didn't tear up anything. Found out that I had the old style tensioners so I believe an upgrade is in order at some point! Removed many dry rotted fuel lines and when the tins came off, it revealed a very, very dirty engine. Internals looked fine though, still had oil in the case.. We turned the engine on its side and put marvel mystery oil in one side so it can work the pistons free (the engine has been sitting in a shed for nearly three decades). Haven't really seen any signs of moisture damage so I am extremely relieved, just concerned still about the seizing issue but I heard that it's definitely not uncommon and we should hopefully get everything turning here in a few days. I'm going to take a lot of the tin and engine components to school so I can use their industrial size parts washer. A lot of work ahead, but I'm enjoying every minute of it Name:  2.2 engine.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  73.1 KBName:  2.2 engine2.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  66.2 KB
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by GT3DE View Post
    Yes, a garage. Get that car dry and inside somewhere else while you build your garage.
    I'm working on it! I'm probably going to take the car to a storage unit in the meantime while we work on getting the garage going. I think I'm a tad bit mental...new house, working on putting up a garage and then this project all together at once!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    I think never saw blue Sports Seats in a 2.2l. Id did in a 2.4l but never in a 2.2l. Rare.
    Loving the good news!!!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

GREAT color Combination. It makes me think of Sir Jackie. I like it!!!
    member 3143
    Had a few GREAT cars. Do I miss any of them? NO!!!
    However, I am Glad to have the one I have now:
    My wife Blanca NFS
    1967 Ford Fairlane 427 4 speed R code 1 of 72 cars
    1959 356 SunRoof Silver/Green

Hi, sebastian. Nice car.
    Two years ago i did the same with my car, restore it completly.
    Take a lot of pacience...... and money
    Enjoy it.

The carbs are weber or zennith?