Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 60's Super Stock & Factory Experimental

Cool Corvette!

Here
    s one of the old Coronet and a couple of my Corvettes(an alloy 427 69 and an L88 tribute of the James Garner road racer)

IMG_20140731_181353391_HDR.jpg
    67 911 , 69 911S, Ford V Ferrari 906LH, 85 Carrera...and-gasp! a bunch of Corvettes, Musclecars and Italian crap(330GTC,GTA/M,308GTB)

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    Funny- I stil wear Clark's Desert boots! The more things change....

We lived on High Ridge Road in Stamford at the time.
    Lol about the Clark's, some things never go out of style.

Moroso must have set up in Guildford later, it's hard to miss the building when traveling on 95.

It took me a while to figure out it was you Scott. So cool that your Dad still has the car.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Fun at the corner gas station:

floyd williams pro stock pinto.jpg

This is another really good blog. It is written by the son of Wayne Gapp of Gapp & Roush fame. Lots of info:

http://www.gapponline.net/

Cool 1975 video here, Grumpy vs Landy in a match race. No fire suits needed - just sneakers and nylon jackets

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8alIH2LxnWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by CurtEgerer; 02-25-2015 at 02:36 PM.

The Healey Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    I go to this guy's 'gasser' link and I see a bunch of photos that really hit home.......

A few in particular of local hero 'Stormin Norman Cowdrey' of Sherman Oaks CA.
    Norm ran a blown/injected small block Chevy on gas or alcohol in a tube frame Healey 4.....
    In the mid '60's he got the thing to run about 165mph in the 1/4.......

About 1966 my buddy Danny was given an old hammered out piston of Norm's and eventually gave it to me....

It's one of the old, flat top, supercharged, Teflon buttoned, Mickey Thompson pistons that ran in that crazy drag Healey...

.... I still have it 49 years later..........
    Hiya Chuck,

I've got this tucked away in the shed awaiting a resto......'53 alloy bodied Healey 100 with a period 6.5 l Olds Rocket on triple Stromberg 97's transplanted.

Written up in a period Hot Rod mag at the time as "almost certainly the fastest-accelerating sports car in SA..."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Thumbs up

Hiya Chuck,

I've got this tucked away in the shed awaiting a resto......'53 alloy bodied Healey 100 with a period 6.5 l Olds Rocket on triple Stromberg 97's transplanted.

Written up in a period Hot Rod mag at the time as "almost certainly the fastest-accelerating sports car in SA..."
    WOW!!!!! ........ How cool is THAT..............

A couple of things..... I'm counting 6 pots through that hood not 3?
    And quickly reading the article on the 1/4 mile time and speed... With a 14.54 ET that thing REALLY picked it up on the top end with a speed of 125!!!!!!!!!!............. WOW AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and can't wait to see it back on a track.............

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    This is another really good blog. It is written by the son of Wayne Gapp of Gapp & Roush fame. Lots of info:

http://www.gapponline.net/

Cool 1975 video here, Grumpy vs Landy in a match race. No fire suits needed - just sneakers and nylon jackets

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8alIH2LxnWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Thank you for that. Made my night.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Supercharged Healey Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    WOW!!!!! ........ How cool is THAT..............

A couple of things..... I'm counting 6 pots through that hood not 3?
    And quickly reading the article on the 1/4 mile time and speed... With a 14.54 ET that thing REALLY picked it up on the top end with a speed of 125!!!!!!!!!!............. WOW AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and can't wait to see it back on a track.............

cm
    ......yes, of course there are 6 pots....not sure why I typed 3.

If you think the Rocket engine was radical how about this 371 supercharger the owners rigged onto the original Healey engine before the Rocket upgrade......

they got faster with some development too!
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Thank you for that. Made my night.
    Yeah, me too. I see the same guy has 12 vids from 1975: 1975 Boundary Bay Raceway Videos

Rare to see these old videos with good sound.

altereds

Getting a fresh drive train and a good cleaning for Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green this spring...
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165