Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the moment....

the moment....

What was your "THE MOMENT" when staining your own pants was reasonable idea ?

Mine was ( one of few ) coming out of blind turn , prior following few hot heads for a good half of a day a "smidge" over speed limit (pleading 5th) , to a full on road block with tow trucks and what not........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

Looking back on it that was one of the funniest episodes I've ever had in a car, although it didn't seem too funny at the moment. I thought we were all on our way to jail when the state cops first words were, "How fast do you think you were going when you came around that curve? Boy, this thing has good brakes huh?" I don't know how you got past them, I told them the guy they should check for his green card was in the red car.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    oh man, lots of oh $hit moments. good in person tales.
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 02-25-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

That would be easy for Gytis,,,,he could just speak Russian claiming not to know English
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

It wasn't nearly as bad as the photo would have you think... Thankfully
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Gytis I am surprised that even made your heart beat faster.......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Looking back on it that was one of the funniest episodes I've ever had in a car, although it didn't seem too funny at the moment. I thought we were all on our way to jail when the state cops first words were, "How fast do you think you were going when you came around that curve? Boy, this thing has good brakes huh?" I don't know how you got past them, I told them the guy they should check for his green card was in the red car.
    Jim , I always knew I can count on you. be it "correct" roads or checking my resident status
    Last edited by Gytis Kupinas; 02-26-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

I rememer a certain Midwest member and I following a fast group of guys from SoCal after Treffen 10. We were just finishing the twisties on 58 heading into Taft and got behind a slow pokey driver. One by one the three CA guys got past followed by a longish period were we could not pass. Then my MW bro, and finally me were able to get by and hustling to catch up. I thought we were done with the curves and I hit a decreasing radius one that caught me by surprise. Whooop! The tail steps out under heavy deep trail braking and I am thinking, "please hang on!" Don't want to slip over the cliff. I think I sucked a few inches of Recaro material into my.....

Fully wrapped tight at that moment we finally hit the last straight sections down towards town. Let's just say that I found out that my car handles airflow VERY well. Epic drive for all 5 of us.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Driving at around 270 km\h(168 mph) and suddendly spotting a Gendarmerie car on a French autoroute...
    I'm glad the brakes are really good or I would have lost my driving license on the spot.

I got a racing on the street conviction in Erie Pa., My wife helped in court by telling the judge she always tells me to drive like that on a track, not the street. 8,000 rpm shifts get a lot of attention, beat the unmarked car that goaded me into it and thats all that matters now In Pa. its not how fast you go, its what you are thinking when you do it, swear to God. Consider yourself lucky Mark, we talked about that.