Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding in plain site; Oldest 911 in USA? Historian help please.

Vintage Racers

Quote Originally Posted by alarson11 View Post
    Concours Motors is owned by Bill Wuesthoff, sr and now his son, Bill Wuesthoff, Jr. Bill sr.raced in the 1958 Nurburgring 1000km. According to Leo Levine, former Porsche Factory driver with Pedro Rodriguez in the 1959 Nurburgring 1000km in a 356B Prototype, bill was one of the fastest drivers at the time. Bill was friends with Augie Pabst and co-drove with Augie in numerous 500 mile endurance races at Road America.
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driv...thoff-USA.html

Attachment 325151
    Great History alarson11,

Do you or anyone know about the gentleman racer pictured below. I think it is Gunther Wallrabenstein?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LOOKING FOR:
    ENGINE Nos: 4080191, 911669
    GEARBOX Nos: 9282004, 131410, 115639

1967 Porsche 911 P.A.R.T. Trans Am Rally Kit #308107
    1968 Porsche 911S Sebring GT class winner #11800224
    1971 Porsche 911S Targa Conda Green
    1973 Porsche 2.8 RSR ex-Targa Florio, 2xLeMans #9113600894

Amazing story Jay.
    I found more photos of Guenther Wallrabenstein. It seems he raced the 1964 Monte Carlo Rallye and took a class win in a VW. Also in 64 he won the ERC Austrian alps rally in a Porsche 356.

In 1965 through 1967 he raced a 911 then in 1968 a 911T. Later went on to race a BMW 2002tii with Helmut Bein.

I found photos of the 1967 Semperit Rallye where Guenther and an unnamed co-driver took 2nd.

Jay, is this car 300005???

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pisano View Post
    Amazing story Jay.
    I found more photos of Guenther Wallrabenstein. It seems he raced the 1964 Monte Carlo Rallye and took a class win in a VW. Also in 64 he won the ERC Austrian alps rally in a Porsche 356.

In 1965 through 1967 he raced a 911 then in 1968 a 911T. Later went on to race a BMW 2002tii with Helmut Bein.

I found photos of the 1967 Semperit Rallye where Guenther and an unnamed co-driver took 2nd.

Jay, is this car 300005???
    Mr Pisano,

I like when you speak bold. I believe it could be, but do not have 100% confirmation. Do you?

Thanks,

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jsottile View Post
    Mr Pisano,

I like when you speak bold. I believe it could be, but do not have 100% confirmation. Do you?

Thanks,

Jay
    Jay I'm just a lurker who happens to be somewhat good at google searches. It wasn't a stretch to assume Porsche might want to sell one of their early build cars to someone who would rally it.
    It's documented that the factory wanted the 911 to race initally in rally events and did so with Linge/Falk. Beyond that, it was just a guess that the photo you posted might be 300005.

Whoa, this is getting good! I like the frank talk without all the secrecy and subterfuge. Keep it coming Jay. How cool would that be if this car was a former rally car too?
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by t6dpilot View Post
    How cool would that be if this car was a former rally car too?
    How cool?

About as mind blowing as it gets.

Really need to contact The Faktory . . .

. . . and what's happening w/ the Kardex? . . .

. . . and any more current pics?

Neat stuff

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Really need to contact The Faktory . . .

. . . and what's happening w/ the Kardex? . . .

. . . and any more current pics?

Neat stuff
    Hi LongRanger,

1.)Who said I didn't contact the Faktory? Do you have a name and number I should call? Can I use you as a reference? PM me if you do. Jurgen Lewandowski wrote a great book "The Roots of a Legend" Porsche 901, the last few chapters are very interesting. Let me know what you think.

2.) I am having Brunch tomorrow with my 87 year young Godmother. She was born and raised in Germany and will help me translate the chicken scratch on the kardex. If all goes well, I will post soon after and it will be twice as good as expected.

3.) I will have more pics soon; door, backseat, upholstery and more

Thanks for your Support,

Jay

VIN Lotto

I love this thread and more so your sentiment Jay......the excitement you felt and feel reminds me of my own, as a 21 year old who had discovered through wits, fortuity or both that I was about to buy the first 911 in RHD delivered....and amongst the first 3 RHD VINs made.....winning VIN lotto as I called it recently.

And I spent all those early ownership years flogging it as the maker intended, regardless......actually, nothing much has changed.

Enjoy the ride - well both rides; seat time as well as custodianship......

More pics pls.
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers