Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why is new york such a desert?

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    The clubs are for new cars...
    Have to repectfully disagree
    There are plenty of fans of the older cars who are active in PCA's CVR, for example. Its just that old cars AND new cars are usually equally welcome.
    ds

The clubs are for new cars. You have a 73s as well right?
    almost. she is nearing completion. Undergoing a full , extensive and time consuming ground up rebuild. Hopefully end of April

Quote Originally Posted by jussy1254 View Post
    any one up for an informal gathering to celebrate the first day of spring?
    The first day of spring is usually sometime in early May up there... Until then roads and weather can be problematic for the car enthusiast
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by rstrahota View Post
    Have to repectfully disagree
    There are plenty of fans of the older cars who are active in PCA's CVR, for example. Its just that old cars AND new cars are usually equally welcome.
    ds
    Not sure where CVR is (CT valley?, what valley is that anyway? Is there a valley in CT? , but the New York City region (it's not actually in NY City) is almost all new cars with no long hoods showing up for any event I went to. NJ seemed a -little- better.
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

Hopefully we can get some momentum going- let's get something on the calendar when the weather gets better (if it ever does). Snow. again.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Off topic Kaleid, do you feel there is much difference between your 71 S and 70 E?
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

to chime in on that Yale - I owned a stock 70E and drove a stock 71S - I felt my 70E out pulled or out torqued the S 0-60mph just like the old Road&Track test drive stated but doing the 75-100++ the S pulled away
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Not sure where CVR is (CT valley?, what valley is that anyway? Is there a valley in CT? , but the New York City region (it's not actually in NY City) is almost all new cars with no long hoods showing up for any event I went to. NJ seemed a -little- better.
    CVR is indeed Connecticut Valley Region. Named for the Connecticut River Valley which runs through the center of our region. 2000 members. Very active. More than 45 days of events per year. I think you have been to at least one of our events. Check out the website at www.cvrpca.org. Members can sign up to visit Black Horse Garage on April 14. If you have not been there, it's highly recommended. But only if you like early Benz and Ferrari, too.
    Last edited by rstrahota; 03-26-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    to chime in on that Yale - I owned a stock 70E and drove a stock 71S - I felt my 70E out pulled or out torqued the S 0-60mph just like the old Road&Track test drive stated but doing the 75-100++ the S pulled away
    I would agree- my experience has been that the E is alot smoother and has slightly more pull up front. The S cams are a bit wilder and the car is a bit "rougher" in lower RPMs than the E. The E is a fantastic car- very under-appreciated in my opinion and some great value out there because of this.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Hopefully we can get some momentum going- let's get something on the calendar when the weather gets better (if it ever does). Snow. again.
    yes please... that would be great. But please let's not meet up half way down Long Island.
    today ended up being quite beautiful. I appreciated the smiles on everyones faces...