Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: why is new york such a desert?

just double park like everyone else does
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi All,

I'm in NYC for a couple of days next week ( 10-12 Sept ) then going upstate for a week, any Porsche things happening. Or anyone want to meet for a coffee, I'm President of Porsche Club Ireland and have some good Porsche stories to trade !

Dave

hello Dave
    The next big thing is this weekend at LimeRock which you will sadly miss. Old Westbury Gardens is on the 27th. So you have slotted yourself in between these two events. I'll very happily meet you for a coffee but on my turf as I am tied to my business in Brooklyn Heights.
    Have a safe trip over

Paul
    1958 porsche 356A Speedster T2
    1973 porsche 911S coupe

One our daughter gives me her plans for us I'll pm you.

thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    there use to be a periodic gathering @ McSorley's but not a drive -
    I used to organize that outing. . . but we decimated the Beer population so savagely that they asked us to stop.

There are PLENTY of longhood owners here. . . alas, NYC is not really a driver's town, most cars are outside the city (Yale excepted of course).

As far as PCA being a new car club, I don't mind if 991 owners want to take a look at my SWB. It has this really cool lever between the front seats that when you push a pedal on the floor and move the lever (which has kind of an eight-ball looking thing on the top) the gearbox changes gears.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Classic Cramer sarcasim ...miss seeing you every once and a while John
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Some will garage their car near a train station. But here is one right in the middle of Manhattie...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just live up the block but never see the door open
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    Just live up the block but never see the door open

Ahh, the civil liberty of the new Alcalde, where we have open containers on 83rd street! Sure beats Giuliani and that "law-n-order" stuff!

Here's the thing, nine years ago today, that door opened up, in the middle of February with all the salt and crud that the Department of Sanitation could lay down present on the roads, and out drove the most unobtanium Porsche of all time. . . Seinfeld's #1.

For years I watched the door when passing by. . . hoping for a glimpse of the beasts within. . . a 911R. . . a 917. . . I fantasized that Jerry would foul the plugs of some magnesium-cased hydrocarbon monster and I would come to the rescue, armed with an encyclopaedic knowledge of early Porsche electrical systems and known to be difficult to restrain. . . .

. . . .but Nada. All you get these days are the guys from the Hertz garage parking Buick Enclaves there when they get in the weeds from a parking surge occasioned by a new Dinosaur exhibit at the AMNH a few blocks south.

Mark: I am still very much here, lying in wait for the waves to pass over me. When the global tide of liquidity recedes, and takes with it the speculators, flippers, tire-kickers, whiners, commercial sellers, stereo punks, 419 scammers and flaneurs, I shall still be here, head full of minutiae, ears full of the beautiful flat six song.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

well, here is another peek inside - not sure who took this photo but it sure wasn't me...