Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Canary Files: 1969 911T reworked.

Work of art....as usual!
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Any üpdates? . . .

912->911 conversion
    He's just been busy driving it an enjoying it! Pics are on Instagram @kavs911
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

I probably owe everybody an explanation to why there has been no updates recently. I have not sold the car or stalled with the rebuild, in fact I've been driving the car for over two years now and put many happy miles on it (you can see more recent updates on my Instagram @kavs911).

The truth is I find it extremely time consuming making the videos and updating the thread. My day job takes over my life when a project becomes busy and with Covid working from home that made it all the more difficult this year to find time to edit photo's and video so it just didn't happen. I hope you all enjoyed the second season of 'The Mandalorian' on Disney +. The Razorcrest, Slave One, Dark Troopers, Tie Fighters and Speederbike chases etc were all created in the same garage as The Canary!

I create the video's for fun and not to become a 'Youtuber' or earn an income from them. Fun fact, so far since starting the channel I have earned $397 for my efforts! (not quitting the day job!). I did take the time to shoot the footage as best as I could for the remainder of the project to get The Canary on the road so there are plenty more videos to come. A new year's resolution of mine is to get back on track with the videos as I have two beautiful teenage daughters to put through college!

Next up will be the engine bay wiring. I know nothing about automotive electrics and this is a very confusing one year only wiring harness, help! I'm in over my head! I couldn't find any true wiring diagrams for this year online that I could understand so I made my own which I'll share on the next post!

As a tease it went from this rats nest of butchery:

Through this, 'what is going on' stage:

And ended up here... and it all works!

More to come I promise!

Cheers!

-Kav.

Happy New Year Kav and thanks for the update. I really enjoy this thread and appreciate the effort you have expended to produce such fine videos about your car's rebuild.
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

912->911 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by kav View Post
    I probably owe everybody an explanation to why there has been no updates recently. I have not sold the car or stalled with the rebuild, in fact I've been driving the car for over two years now and put many happy miles on it (you can see more recent updates on my Instagram @kavs911).

The truth is I find it extremely time consuming making the videos and updating the thread. My day job takes over my life when a project becomes busy and with Covid working from home that made it all the more difficult this year to find time to edit photo's and video so it just didn't happen. I hope you all enjoyed the second season of 'The Mandalorian' on Disney +. The Razorcrest, Slave One, Dark Troopers, Tie Fighters and Speederbike chases etc were all created in the same garage as The Canary!

I create the video's for fun and not to become a 'Youtuber' or earn an income from them. Fun fact, so far since starting the channel I have earned $397 for my efforts! (not quitting the day job!). I did take the time to shoot the footage as best as I could for the remainder of the project to get The Canary on the road so there are plenty more videos to come. A new year's resolution of mine is to get back on track with the videos as I have two beautiful teenage daughters to put through college!

Next up will be the engine bay wiring. I know nothing about automotive electrics and this is a very confusing one year only wiring harness, help! I'm in over my head! I couldn't find any true wiring diagrams for this year online that I could understand so I made my own which I'll share on the next post!
    Thanks Kav - I am still referencing your videos as I build my engine - I really appreciate them!

Mine too is a 69 - except it's a 912 converted to a 911T (in essence) and finding a wiring diagram was fruitless. I bought one from a vendor at the Lit Show a few years ago, but in my engine swap, I basically printed out the "closest" diagram I could find on about 9 11x17" sheets of paper and nailing them to the wall and crossing off all the wires that don't matter. So that was my experience in "making my own" - you sound to be a bit more talented with a computer than I am

Cheers!
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Yes - you hard work is very much appreciated.

Also being an owner of a 69 the one year oddities can get a little trying. Closest wiring diagram if I remember was the SL33 but was more geared toward the "E" and "S" and not the "T". Don't quote me on that just what I remember.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Wow. Just wow. This whole thread is just amazing.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK