Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Snail Horns installed in a '69

Pics of Snail Horns installed in a '69

Can someone post a couple of pics of the Bosch snail horns installed in a '69 for me?
    Just curious it looks like they are mounted to the battery boxes underside. Can also e-mail to rmfent@aol.com
    Thanks so much.

Don't know if it is the same but I have an early '70 and there is a small bracket coming off the bottom of each battery box to which the horns are attached.
    Member #2666

+1 it's the same
    Tony

What direction do the horns point after installed? It would appear that forward makes the most sense but I'm not sure.
    Would love to look at a picture or 2 of an original set up.

Forwards, sorry no picture, I'm still looking for some correct snails for mine.
    Tony

I installed one horn and wanted to show pics to verify location and correctness.
    Hopefully we did it correctly. Horn is slightly lower than the front bumper. My pics show that i believe. Curious if that would have been correct.
    Believe we used the correct bracket.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  72.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  87.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  73.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  52.8 KB

Don't know if mine is correct and would be interested in what others have. I am missing one horn but the one I have is mounted directly to the bracket on the battery box, it does not have the extra bracket as you have. As such my horn does not extend below the bumper.

Also don't know if both Hi and Lo horns have the bell coming off the housing in the same direction. Perhaps opposite so you can distinguish between Hi and Lo. The one I have installed (passenger side) has the bell on the opposite direction to that shown in your picture. I'm sure it probably doesn't matter as long as they work.
    Member #2666

A pic of an extremely low mile unmucked with 69 car. They face inward. I've seen most of them face out though too.

Name:  DSCN0054.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  74.5 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Can't quite make out the above pic. Is there no bracket being used?
    Just mount them directly to the battery box?

Looks to be mounted directly to the bracket on the battery box. My horn is rotated 180 degrees, the open horn is facing out toward the side of the bumper.
    Member #2666