Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: McAfee early 911 Wheels

As the owner of a former funeral home I have quite a few sets of these but cannot find a way to fit them on my car

Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi View Post
    I think you are referring to the Dan Gurney wheels. I recall that American Racing made them. BUT be careful if you google Gurney wheels ..... you might get these.
    Attachment 512170 ��

Quote Originally Posted by john rice View Post
    Lars: Thank you for that information. I always thought all these wheels essential the same except for the center hub. I just dug out my Gurney wheels and they appear identical to the "fakes". I'm curious if you might know how thick the McFee is, particularly in the area of the open face/spokes area? The reinforcing ribs remind me of other wheels designed specifically for racing. I've never been aware of the Gurney wheels failing but haven't a clue if they might be thicker or something else might explain [saving money selling cheap wheels?] I haven't a clue what any of these sold for new either. I've always put Dan Gurney on a pedestal but he, too, had to make a living.
    The fakes are very robust! Almost to a fault. .....cliff
    Lars, thanks for the McAfee link
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    As the owner of a former funeral home I have quite a few sets of these but cannot find a way to fit them on my car
    ? Kicked out the bodies to make room for car parts? Haha

Re: McAfee Rims. Serial #303636 1966 911. Here is a set of real McAfee rimsMay Porsche photo shoot 015.jpgMay Porsche photo shoot 021.jpg
    1966 Porsche 911
    1960 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900
    2000 911 C2
    1979 Crossle F-35 F/F
    1969 Lynx Mk 2 F/V