Thread: Thank you Frank Beck

Member#2944

Thank you Frank Beck

Wanted to publicly thank Frank for taking time on Sunday to help out a stranded Hill Country Rallye participant.
    On our return trip, my '74 911 failed to start after a rest stop.
    Jeff Trask texted Frank and he responded with helpful advise that got me back on the road.
    We had stopped for gas, in El Paso, Texas and later stopped in San Simon, New Mexico for a break. As soon as I turned the key I knew the fuel pump sounded different. No start.
    I figured the fuel pump had had it. Frank said to let it cool off. Wrapped it in cold towels but it still sounded weak.
    Frank asked if we had refueled in El Paso. He said that that fuel was still in the winter formulation and we should fill the tank, as much as possible, with fresh New Mexico fuel.
    After refueling, I turned the key and the old sound had returned. Car started right up. Ran flawlessly for the rest of the trip to Ca.
    Thanks Frank for helping out. Didn't have a bit of trouble the rest of the trip.
    Tony Vanacore

You do realize that, if you're nice to him, he'll just keep coming back?

Glad to hear you made it back home safe. Great time, glad you guys made the trip.
    And this is a wonderful community, good that Frank could help you out.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    You do realize that, if you're nice to him, he'll just keep coming back?
    LOL, I can't stop laughing.

OH NO !!!!!! you exposed Frank's soft side,,,,,boy is he going to be mad
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Banned
    Glad to help Tony. Hopefully we'll get to meet when we're up for Rennsport.

As Ed will attest; our jobs are 24/7.
    And I wouldn't have it any other way.

It sounds like you guys had a fantabulous drive. Trask said he cleaned everyone's clock with that 911 minus 2 of his. Of course how do you believe a used car salesman?

As for John's comment? I think he knows quite the opposite is true. lol

I was told that my brake lights didn't work. They work, but when you are a couple of Pistons short of a full load, well...

frank, thanks for the help. It's hard work to keep all those cylinders firing on a 911 and that's why I'll always feel a 912 is one better than a 911...
    Various Porsche's

I know if I ever have a mechanical issue related to a dearth of snark that Frank is the top resource.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute