I need some god advise about how to wire my swb rear fog light

thanks

Lars
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

I don't know about 67 but 68-69 has the wires for rear fogs in the LH taillight harness.
    Tony

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I'm guessing this is for your "1967 911 Bahama Yellow." Rear fog lights don't appear in the 1966 options list. The first wiring diagram I could find with a rear fog light is a 911E-911S diagram, which I take to be 1969. Also, the earliest PET listing for a rear foglight switch is 1969.

So, I think it's likely that if Porsche installed any in 1967, it was in answer to a customers special request. I doubt there was an established way to install rear fog lights in 1967.

If you're after a "period correct" looking installation, you might try replacing the standard foglight switch (901.613.503.20) with a Webasto heater switch (901.613.625.30). The Webasto heater switch has three positions:

1. Off,
    2. Fan only,
    3. Gasoline burning heat.

You could wire it so that pulling out to the middle position gives front foglights only and the second gives you front and rear.

Maybe somebody knows about a 1967 rear foglight installation.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

You could use the green/red spare wire which is coming out of the main harness near the starter motor connection.
    (just check if you have this wire)
    This wire goes all the way behind the dashboard gauges.
    You only have to extend it to the foglight.

In case of a 912 its even easier, in that case you can use the green/white spare wire (for the 911 oil level) This wire also goes until the dashboard gauges.
    Each 912 has this spare wire.

If you need more information, just let me know.