Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 25 - BBQ Tour

mad scientist

April 25 - BBQ Tour

Looking to start up a BBQ tour on Saturday April 25. Not sure if it will be Lockhart, Llano, Belton or some other tasty place.

Mark the calender and I will post details as they come.

MMM BBQ.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
    Looking to start up a BBQ tour on Saturday April 25. Not sure if it will be Lockhart, Llano, Belton or some other tasty place.

Mark the calender and I will post details as they come.

MMM BBQ.
    I may be up for that...

mad scientist
    John, The place in Bandera is not too bad. Plus you would get to drive down that nice sweeping twisty, tree-lined section that follows the creek on 16.

I hope you can come up and join us.

member #1515
    I've penciled onto my calendar.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

mad scientist
    John, I did not realize you were staying in Austin now. I thought you were still at the ranch.

Uncle Billy's? short walk? Are you in Shady Grove park? For beer or BBQ? good beer there. I should meet you down there sometime.

David, Hope you can make it up.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/lists/50...q-joints-world

If you guys need another reason to drive further out.

(FYI...Cranky Frank's was our stop en route to the HCR on Friday. It was amazing!)

Member#2944
    Sure! Just recovering from the drive back from the HCR and now you're talking BBQ?
    How about a BBQ tour for next years HCR?
    Had a great time this year. Best out of the 4 I've attended. (although it's hard to beat that motel in Mason :-) )
    Tony

mad scientist
    Thanks for the BBQ link. Motivation for sure.

Tony. There is an non-stop SW flight from SJF. (I have taken it way too many times). Come on out and go with us.

I can have you back by 930 Monday morning.

John, There is a reason I don't go downtown or eat BBQ that much. I would also be 300# - maybe more if you add beer to the mix. .

btw, Thanks again for driving out for the event. Its so hard to top Mason I just don't even try.

mad scientist
    So, we are a go for Saturday.

Destination Llano it is.

Let's meet 9am at the HEB gas station corner of Bee Caves and 71. Saturday April 25.

Destination is Coopers BBQ in LLano. its on 29 a few blocks West of the intersection with 16. I think John and David might just meet us there. Lunch around 11 (early) to avoid the crowds and so that we can all get back home before the heat of the day really kicks in. Looks like it will be nice and warm on Saturday.

Route from Austin will be Hamilton Pool Road to Johnson City, North on 281. West on 1323. North on 16 to Llano. After lunch we can all take our own route home as some will want 29 into N. Austin and some 71 into S. Austin. Of course, there are many backroads in between.

See you there.
    Jamie

I'm in. Are wives allowed? She's pretty hot, if that helps.