Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April 25 - BBQ Tour

mad scientist
    Everyone is allowed even if ugly. we just won't comment about that...
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
    Everyone is allowed even if ugly. we just won't comment about that...
    OK. But if we're not going to comment out loud, can we at least have some kind of secret signal?

Saw you guys on the way out!

I just moved to Austin a few months ago - saw you guys headed out Hamilton Pool Road as I set off with my family for a much less twisty hill country adventure. The 10 or so cars I saw looked great caravaning down towards 12!

If you'd welcome other Porsche's on the run, I'd love to join in the future. I currently have a 2010 Turbo and a 550 Spyder replica... used to run with the guys in Georgia all the time with my old '91 Turbo and '74 Targa. Considering adding another early 911 if I find one with the right specs and price.

Do any of you go to the Oasis Cars & Coffee meets? Welcome to email me back - I joined here several years ago but haven't been a very active poster!

Best,
    John - johnburer@gmail.com

PIC_32712.jpg20141123_162327 resize.jpg

mad scientist
    Thanks for coming out guys. What a great time. Despite arriving late I had a great time as usual.

I arrived and found John's great car sitting out front.

After a brief wait in line we were able to order. For those who have never been to TX you order by the pound. That means you tell the pit boss how much to cut off a particular slab of meat. So, the list was long and it all smelled so good.

My family and I ended up with the pork ribs (dry rub), some smoked turkey and the brisket. Everything else looked so good but my stomach was only so big.

The rest of the group had just as much to eat and it was all smiles and napkins.

After a few minutes there were only bones left. Yes, it was good.

When we came out the line was around the corner of the building. It was good timing to get there early.

After lunch we took more backroads home. I was in the family DD BMW following a few of the group. The wildflowers were out in force: Blue, yellow, orange. It was a great contrast to John's S in front of me.

Last edited by jpnovak; 04-26-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.