Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Fasteners - Nuts, Bolts, Screws and Washers

while i very much respect the discernment of 6 different types of the same bolt, i guess i'm primarily interested in the look. if the "points" are concourse ratings, my goal is to drive my piece of history and enjoy it with the added perspective that the original owner did not have ... i can compare the drive to the modern cars, and understand the magnitude of the technological improvements.

please understand, i'm not pontificating. just trying to encourage a fellow enthusiast who is trying to do something that is extremely complicated, but potentially very, very cool.

"thenewgarage" has identified an interesting niche here, and i think some members would pay a reasonable price for a small bit of additional authenticity. i hope it works out.

So far I have found:
    Karro
    Verbus
    Kamax
    Dera
    Lobo
    Graeka
    Nedur
    F+H
    3F
    Dorn
    Arbed
    Omel
    Ribe
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

Bolts M8 in length 18-20mm
    Boesner
    Graeka
    Karro
    Omel
    Kamax
    VA
    VSW
    Verbus
    Dera
    CL
    Lobo
    GoBi

and locking nuts

Bengt

Subscribed......
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

I have 10 cars worth of hardware from 67 to 87. I cannot begin to describe how much work it was. I have about $1K into the plating process alone with another 2 cars worth to have done. Just found 2 new platers, one does work for a shop that specializes in cars like 906s and early Ferraris, another does the plating for Bel Metric and has a lot of interesting capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5995 View Post
    Hi Shaun -

I'm sure there are lots of guys here that are restoring their car, like myself ('73).

We would all pay Big for a drawer like yours! I will, at least!

- Rob
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

i have +100kg of porsche(65-87) nuts, screws ,washers ,bolts etc. most of them well-assorted... personaly ... and i was wondering why i have never seen an omel bolt in one of my screw boxes...is it just a coincidence ? (my eyes functioning 100%)

pic is just the output of my last month sorting session
    nope i`m not selling them
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Are you plating Yellow Zinc Dichromate or Cadmium?
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

to be honest...i dont know. but the guy who does it told me that he does it the way they did it in the old days...
    most of the stuff i have is not replated. i do this projectwise.
    i also dont plate the better ones...i keep them for reference or patina car projects

Quote Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
    Are you plating Yellow Zinc Dichromate or Cadmium?

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    to be honest...i dont know. but the guy who does it told me that he does it the way they did it in the old days...
    most of the stuff i have is not replated. i do this projectwise.
    i also dont plate the better ones...i keep them for reference or patina car projects
    Here in the states they no longer use Cadmium plating as it is considered a Carcinogen. At least I have not found anyone who would do it. The original finishes on the early cars (not sure the exact cut off years) were Cadmium plated and in later years the factory also switched to Yellow Zinc Dichromate protective finish. When you see silver Zinc finish, this is called Clear Zinc. Over the years I have learned that there are definitely many levels of Zinc finishing all related to the amount of corrosion resistance. I would recommend asking what you are getting if you have not because in the past I have received some fairly weak thin coatings that though they look pretty at first do not hold up very well. Shaun 69 E’s stuff looks very nice.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

I believe there is counseling available for this problem.
    jhtaylor
    santa barbara
    74 911 coupe. 2.7 redone by Competition Engineering; ported to 36mm, shuffle-pinned, boat-tailed, Elgin mod-S cams, J&E 9.5's, PMO's.
    73 Targa (much beloved, sold and off to a fine new home in San Francisco)