Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MY 1970 911E Restoration Project

I will take the restored correct dark grey ....
    Tom this car is excellent congrats on the patience and efforts to make great!!

I did have a question on the camber and toe-in attachments.
    Can’t remember which one but only one of them has the washer per Parts manual .
    Is this correct ? Also do the bolt heads for attaching radius arms face inward or outward or one each way?

Cool project
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Frank and Frank..Thanks for your comments on my project.

Frank T....Regarding your question on the rear spring plate/trailing arm hardware, my reading of the parts diagram and observation of other cars, led me to use the arrangement shown in this photo. As best I know the thick washers and thin nuts are unique to this application. Also the lock washers behind the nuts are the schnoor type.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tom1394racing; 10-11-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Hi Tom , I've obsessed about this and have studied many original cars , the eccentric for the rear toe adjustment does not have a thick flat washer , only a schnor washer . Also the lower bolt at the back of the spring plate should be reversed - nut facing to the outside of the car and the bolts get two thick washers , one at the bolt head , one at the nut .
    Last edited by Richy; 10-11-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: add text

Richy

Thanks for that info. I will look into that and change out that hardware.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

Like this?? These are photos from my '73 before restoration. Should be original.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    That is correct.

Thanks guys!
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

I can't believe that it is coming up on one year since my last posting. My only big item remaining is the engine build.

Since my last posting I spent way too much time mounting and attempting to align the rear bumpers/license plate panel/bumper guard assembly. I must have mounted and removed these parts close to a dozen times trying to get everything to line up to my satisfaction. In the end, I got close, but not good enough. The L&R bumpers are not perfectly level and the bumper to body gaps are not tight enough and uniform. I decided I will let the experts at Auto Associates tweak this once the car is completed.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

The front bumper was much easier thanks to the detailed instructions posted by Ed Mayo. I used the Porsche Classic front deco trim and molding. Fit was very good. I decided not to use the ugly front bumper guards.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

A few other details. The decals and seat rail supports.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E