Thread: parts ID and location help

parts ID and location help

Can someone kindly I.D. these grommets and tell me where they go? Thank you for the helpName:  20150504_143332 (Mobile).jpg
Views: 196
Size:  28.6 KB

Drain tubes. Appear to be trunk to me but I'm novice. Either trunk or headlight and I vote trunk.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

newer / later trunk drain tubes for the rear light buckets. They are available at your Porsche parts supplier

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

richard how new? 993 or even later?
    i have some of those(came with a big NOS parts lot from ebay) i always thought its some electric connector thing

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    richard how new? 993 or even later?
    i have some of those(came with a big NOS parts lot from ebay) i always thought its some electric connector thing
    About a month ago I bought them and was given these for a 75.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Probably the protective boot for electric injector plug.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

They are too small in diameter and do not fit any of the drain holes in any of the usual places that I can find, They came in one of the cartons which made up the 72 project that I purchased so I figured they might be used elsewhere on the car. Guess not, maybe a substitution that didn't work out. Again thanks for the help.

# 2991
    I'll agree with Ed, sure looks like a boot for most Bosch 2 pin electrical connectors.
    Can't think of any use for them on a '72, but they're used for several different applications on CIS and later engine harnesses.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  37.5 KB