Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 911s

1973 911s

This post aims to serve as a reference to all of you out there, currently or about to undertake a restoration of a 73S.

Much research and investigation has been carried out to be completely and absolutely accurate and precise. The car had not been modified and was in excellent original condition before being dismantled for a full restoration.

The car was ordered simple and has remained simple, with only the sport's muffler (a standard spec muffler awaits in a box if required) a deviation to her original build sheet. The car was delivered to California in Spring, 1973 and has 54000 miles on her. I am the proud second owner.

The car has been restored by CPR in Fallbrook, California to as 1973 factory new condition. Every bolt, every fitting, every detail has been researched with the aim of absolute originality. Every body panel and component is original and restored or ordered new from Porsche Classic. It is matching numbers , no sunroof, original silver metallic with black factory sport seats and black interior.

The level of detail is astonishing and explains the time taken and the price paid.

This has been a long journey. almost 3 years have passed since the car was stripped down to bare metal.

To me she is the epitome of all that a 911 should be.. Graceful yet purposeful, slender yet spartan, functional and a tool of efficiency. Timeless and simple thing of beauty!

I look forward to your comments and questions.

I will be posting many more detailed photos over the next days.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1958 porsche 356A Speedster T2
    1973 porsche 911S coupe

Are leather seats on your COA? I only ask because of the headrest shape.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

It's a beautiful car. Did you get the COA. What was listed?

Subscribed!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Lovely looking car. Congratulations.

Michael is right. The peanut headrests give the game away on the seats. Either they were not originally leather or the headrests have been changed.

CPR missed the flapper box clip on the connecting hose and perhaps a sticker on your coil. The fan strap bracket looks odd to me too.

You need a Weltmeister sticker in the rear quarter window too.

Enjoy your car. I'm sure you will have been looking forward to this moment when you can drive. Three years is a long wait but worth it.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Are we starting to believe the CoA sheets now? Mine is direct from Germany. I trust that a lot more than a CoA from Atlanta.

Name:  911 CoA.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  138.4 KB

Richard Newton
    The Monterey Auctions

member #1515
    Great looking car, hope you have a great time driving it.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Great looking car, hope you have a great time driving it.
    Or selling it.....Looks like the beginning of a 'for sale' classified to me....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

+1 Does to me too...
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    Or selling it.....Looks like the beginning of a 'for sale' classified to me....
    No way.... I will be driving her hard and as often as I can...!!
    1958 porsche 356A Speedster T2
    1973 porsche 911S coupe