Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drip pan hose

Drip pan hose

Anybody who know where to buy the original look drip pan hose on this link ?:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rip-pan-w-hose

thanks

Lars
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Both Stoddards and Sierra Madre Collection catalog part # 901.571.287.21 WATER DRAIN HOSE but theirs don't look like the one at http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rip-pan-w-hose.

The one in my 911 looks like the ones on the Stoddards and Sierra Madre Collection websites. I can't prove the one in my car's original but I have no reason to think it's not.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

i bought some not 100% correct ones but more close to original than stoddard tubes on ebay ...swimming pool stuff you can get in different diameters

pic is impact bumper not the same diameter as swb but the ones i use for swb are the same style.

what i have witnessed is that at least two different types of tubes have been used on SWB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    One problem with the hose at http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rip-pan-w-hose is that it doesn't have a clamp holding it to the drip pan.

The parts catalogs show two hose clamps. Only one's illustrated and it clamps the end of the hose to the drip pan.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    One problem with the hose at http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rip-pan-w-hose is that it doesn't have a clamp holding it to the drip pan.

The parts catalogs show two hose clamps. Only one's illustrated and it clamps the end of the hose to the drip pan.
    not sure if i ever have seen any clamps holding this tube.

My 65 parked in '74 has plain hose with no ribs and clamps at each end. Also have pictures of another original 65 close number to mine and it seems the same.

OK, this is the way it should look. No clamps and a very unique hose. No where near the same as a "LWB" hose

Regards

Jim
    PS: This picture came from a car I purchased 2 hours ago. I can't wait to cut up this "numbers matching" 912!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This piece and its clamp is original to a 72. It is a moulded rubber piece with two diameters as the plastic nipple is larger than the sheet metal drainName:  drain hose.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  69.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by michaelaiellosr View Post
    This piece and its clamp is original to a 72. It is a moulded rubber piece with two diameters as the plastic nipple is larger than the sheet metal drainName:  drain hose.jpg
    Where can I purchase one of these for a 69?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelaiellosr View Post
    with this post you are probably in the wrong thread....i think