Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1967 S Rebuild Thread-place to post detail photos for others to learn from

1967 S Rebuild Thread-place to post detail photos for others to learn from

I am starting a thread where 67 S owners doing restoration can look at photos for accuracy and ideas. Will start posting photos once sorted. If you have restored or intend on restoring a 67 S please post close up photos here.
    Thanks

Name:  IMG_2474.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  106.2 KB

Great idea. Lots of information exists here already, but it'll be nice to consolidate everything into a definitive thread.

My meager contribution. Most of the rust actually did buff out. In addition, have been collecting picture of '67S. I'm sure others have also. Should we contribute these? Should have tied these together:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...t=swiss+cheese

Awaiting full body pan from Parts-Wise
    Wheels at Weidmans (somewhere in cue)
    Instruments at North Hollywood
    Fan at Mark Motshagen
    Brakes, rotors and brake lines received from PMB (Excellent and shown on a prior thread)
    Carbs are with Paul Abbot.
    Engine at RS Werks in Delaware
    Bumper weights from Rick Cabell were picked up at Hershey
    Reproduction parts (excellent) from Eric Linden

Total to date $74,304.12. Thought I could bring it in under $100,000.00. Rick Cabell said I couldn't. Rising cost of parts and professional restoration of certain items going through the roof and its going to bring it closer to $125,000.00

Guess I should also add this:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...911s-swt-9-900

Good stuff!
    thanks for adding to the goodies....

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    My meager contribution. Most of the rust actually did buff out. In addition, have been collecting picture of '67S. I'm sure others have also. Should we contribute these? Should have tied these together:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...t=swiss+cheese

Awaiting full body pan from Parts-Wise
    Wheels at Weidmans (somewhere in cue)
    Instruments at North Hollywood
    Fan at Mark Motshagen
    Brakes, rotors and brake lines received from PMB (Excellent and shown on a prior thread)
    Carbs are with Paul Abbot.
    Engine at RS Werks in Delaware
    Bumper weights from Rick Cabell were picked up at Hershey
    Reproduction parts (excellent) from Eric Linden

Total to date $74,304.12. Thought I could bring it in under $100,000.00. Rick Cabell said I couldn't. Rising cost of parts and professional restoration of certain items going through the roof and its going to bring it closer to $125,000.00

Guess I should also add this:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...911s-swt-9-900

What I would really like to know (and I know it's been discussed many times here and there) is a definitive list of the areas of black paint (and texture) on a 67S. My car requires this addressing (it has body colour everywhere) and I want to get it right first time. I know about the main areas of black, outer foorpan, wheel arches, engine and hood bay etc but it is the fringe areas I'm concerned with. Inside light boxes front and rear, front panel behind the spoiler, inner floor pan surface, sills etc. A recommended product for each finish would be nice too. The layers of application too, black over body colour, black over primer, black over undercoat, vertical surfaces over horizontal differences, the blending of black to body colour,

Basically a once and for all list of the correct finish, texture and product for the job.

I hope this is not going over old ground too much. I apologise if it is but there are certain areas of detail I'm still not too sure about. Pictures of course would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Basically a once and for all list of the correct finish, texture and product for the job.
    A list like this would be greatly appreciated by me also!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

I second that. Nothing worse than working your tail off for years to get a car "right" then find the experts critiquing the paint color and application.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    A list like this would be greatly appreciated by me also!

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    I second that. Nothing worse than working your tail off for years to get a car "right" then find the experts critiquing the paint color and application.
    No people don't do that. Not in front of your face at least.

If you going for accuracy you need bumper wights. Had trouble finding until Rick Cabell came through. Delivered to last Hershey. Set for sale now under parts.

On the issue of paint under grill, I collected this pic along the way. Probably a resto so not definitive but sure looks great.
    Name:  randywells-16-4459-150x150.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  43.1 KB

Jim at EASY supplied bumper weights for my old 67S.