Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Factory built 66S and 67S for european customers

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Hi Christian, how have you been able to get it down to bare metal? Dry ice blasting probably isn't strong enough.
    Did the same on my car. Works outstanding on undercoating. Not wel suited for paint and rust.

This is 308477S a factory delivery European market car. It was shipped out of Bremen as listed on davep’s list earlier in this thread.
    Here it is shown on the quay at Terminal Island in the Port of L.A. Long Beach after being unloaded off the freighter Johann U which appears in the background of this photo taken on the morning of April 16, 1967.
    That is Steffi at the wheel, a young lady friend of then U.S. Army Lieutenant by the name of Sam Cabiglio, who captured this image on his Leica which he brought along that morning to memorialize the big event.
    He had ordered the car through a gray market dealer located in Orange County. On the order form he selected Polo Red, the same color as the Monte Carlo Rally 67S, with sport seats, limited slip, outside thermometer and a Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
    After touring Italy immediately after taking delivery in Stuttgart, the car was then returned to Porsche six weeks later where it was serviced and an MPH speedo was installed before being sent on to Bremen for export.
    This photo has been posted elsewhere on the board in another thread but perhaps it is worth showing it again along with other European market 67S cars.
    Note that unlike a U.S. spec car there are no front bumperettes (optional on European spec cars) and Euro lens corner lamps as well as the factory installed non DOT conforming large Hella lamps. The switch for the lamps is installed on the dash where the flasher switch is mounted on a U.S. spec car.
    We can only imagine what a wonderful day that must have been for Steffi and Sam. And over 50 years later this image still communicates the pure
    joy brought to all here by an early 911S.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Flunder; 02-05-2022 at 06:33 PM.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

The Porsche 911 S 2.0 was approved for racing by the FIA ​​in Group 4 on September 30, 1966.
    The first S car with engine 960001 was ordered on 21.7.1966. But do not deliver until 9.6.1967 in Sweden.

Name:  F9D9D8CD-C386-4EF5-BAF6-5B4DF25AB317.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  65B6ACCC-6230-4C78-84AC-C616CB1100CB.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  82.1 KB
    Former owned
    1967 911 rally B Waldegård/L Helmér B 34880
    1967 911 rally B Waldegård/L Helmér B 79072
    1968 911L rally Å Andersson/S-O Svedberg BB 4300

My old Porsche 356 over the years. http://www.porsche356klubb.se/forum/...php?f=11&t=294

Old 912 Rally cars http://www.912bbs.org/vb/showthread....sports-History

Quote Originally Posted by TailHappyTorquelessWonder View Post
    Re antenna: it is normally at the drivers’ side between the A style and the fender joining panel for a 1967 model. In eg 1969 your location was more the standard.

Re mirror: back should be black plastic for a 911s model 1967, yours is chrome

Re US: 2008-1986: 22 years US, not 40

Could you post more pictures? Apart from the mirror and antenna location, I consider yours as reference.

Thanks!

Very nice original car!
    However the antenna is a later addition, the factory would have installed a manual antenna on the left and it would also be mentioned on the Kardex. Also, bracket is perforated which indicates it is an aftermarket product.
    The basic radio package includes an antenna, interference material and a speaker. My Kardex specifies this.
    The link below will give you more information.
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...hlight=antenna

I hope you enjoy the car!

Frans
    1968 Porsche 911S Sportomatic
    1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce
    1963 Triumph TR4

Hey Guys! I am pretty new in this forum but owning the 307603 S.
    Who can provide me with more input from the time when this car was in the US?
    Thank you so much, Mischa!

You can add my former car 306593S to this thread. Sold in Dusseldorf 2/27/67, came to the US in 1969. Irish Green, brown.