Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed valuing 1973 911S Viper Green

Help needed valuing 1973 911S Viper Green

F1973 Porsche 911S
    Viper Green
    Approximately 70,000 miles
    I have spent about 15 years restoring this car.
    I spared no expense.
    Numbers matching, always rust free.
    All stock parts including sport seats, bumpers, wheels, and all other original parts come with the car.
    Engine built to 2.7 RS specifications only slightly more that break-in time on it.
    Fresh transmission, stock gears with ZF limited slip. Engine and transmission was rebuild by Eurosport in Chicago.
    RS plastic tank, light weight interior, fiberglass bumpers and upgraded suspension.
    Very high quality paint.
    Spotless top and bottom.
    Custom graphics.
    Current trends favor a stock car, so I'm unclear what the value of my car is.
    Can I please ask for help from members of this forum to help me value my car?
    This is the first of several cars I intend to sell.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by joseph battista; 06-17-2015 at 04:35 AM.

member #1515
    That is a VERY nice car. Nicely done. If that is the original color it would not take much to make it look stock again, if preferred.
    Must be a sweet drive.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I dont see how it could ever be returnrd to stock with the engine now at 2.7 litres.

Lovely looking car with a lot of time and money invested no doubt. I would want to know if those personal blue touches are painted or stuck on decals before working out a price. Maybe there is a package deal on the horizon too which would help buyer and seller?
    GLWS. Love the colour.

Regards
    Mike

p.s. needs a clip on that flapper box rubber connecting hose
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

member #1515
    A great car for someone who has an RS that is too valuable to drive? Still with the same great engine.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

First - This car has not been restored. Restored means a car is returned to it's original condition. No more. No less.

A properly restored 1973 911S is a $300,000 car. Now comes the hard part. Did all the work you performed lower the value of the car or did it raise the value?

The other problem is that you're probably going to be looking at a very small market. The collectors will probably walk away from your car. It would cost too much money to return it to a stock configuration. You're going to have to find the type of customer who likes a hot rod. You're looking for the same folks that Rod Emory is looking for.

A lot of interesting items here.

Richard Newton
    The Auction Game

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    First - This car has not been restored. Restored means a car is returned to it's original condition. No more. No less.

A properly restored 1973 911S is a $300,000 car. Now comes the hard part. Did all the work you performed lower the value of the car or did it raise the value?

The other problem is that you're probably going to be looking at a very small market. The collectors will probably walk away from your car. It would cost too much money to return it to a stock configuration. You're going to have to find the type of customer who likes a hot rod. You're looking for the same folks that Rod Emory is looking for.

A lot of interesting items here.

Richard Newton
    The Auction Game
    Good comments. My thoughts...

• Having the original 2.4 punched to 2.7 is not a big deal to me. It still appears as the original matching 2.4 on the outside with the added benefit of more power.
    • Having all of the original spare parts mean that they only need to be painted to match and then installed on the car to make it generall stock.
    • Good question about the blue paint and how hard it would be to remove.

Overall, this is a hot rod that would not take an inordinate amount of time/money to put back to stock, assuming the buyer wished to.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Can you post interior and undercarriage photos? Thank you - GLWS.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Has anyone paid 300Gs for a restored 73S? If so what is an Italian 73S, patina wagen, built by Germans at Porsche worth? Unrestored as in never taken totally apart and VERY nice. What do you think Richard?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

millions Steve Millions !
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Heh Heh that much? Reminds me of Billy Johnson at the Sarajevo Olympics when asked what he thought of winning the gold medal in the Downhill. He replied "its worth millions".
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club