Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed valuing 1973 911S Viper Green

I would suggest this car is worth $ 150-185 K. Those not in the know want and can afford to and do pay more, $200K plus for an original looking car, but IMHO for a true enthusiast this car is what's it at. It evokes the spirit of an early 70s pre RS 911, light and agile.

GLWS

A survivor car is generally worth more than restored car. That assumes the survivor is perfect. A friend of mine has a '73 survivor with 40,000 miles on it. He's looking for $350,000 - or more. He's taking it to the PCA Parade as part of the marketing program. Yes - you don't just sell a car at this price point - your market it. You create a buzz.

I know of a couple that sold for just under $300,000 but they were 100 point cars. Gooding sold one at Ameilia for $275,000. They also sold one for $156,750. That's a pretty big range for a 1973 911S.

Right now all bets are off until we see the Monterey auction results.

Richard Newton

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    I dont see how it could ever be returnrd to stock with the engine now at 2.7 litres.
    Not an issue. Spigots can be sleeved back to 84mms. That is easily reversed. Paint/graphics can be undone too. No horse here...but the car looks nice.
    Potential buyer will see past the drama. Price it according to your gut. Easy to go down in price, hard to go up...if it is after all...about maximizing price.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Joesph- maybe I missed it, but what is the original color of the car? Color change would contribute to its value estimation.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Joe,

That's a lovely car- if I was shopping that would be the type of car I'd buy. I own a 73 S targa that is a very similar type of build and I prefer it over the stock S's I have owned.

GLWS,

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Hi, difficult to give a value, it mostly depend on what buyer want ... I'm more into "preserved", others want fully restored/enhanced cars ... I'd say 150-180 k$ ... btw, can you please post the chassis n. for future reference? Thank you
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Thanks to all for your comments.
    In response to some of your questions.
    this is a matching numbers car.
    The original color is Viper green or Emerald.
    All blue is done in vinyl, except for the front bumper. It is a combination of paint half blue half green on the bumper and Porsche script in vinyl.
    I have and will include all stock parts needed to return car to stock look and interior.

I will post pictures of the interior and underside of the car in the next couple of days.

Thank You all again
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    Hi, difficult to give a value, it mostly depend on what buyer want ... I'm more into "preserved", others want fully restored/enhanced cars ... I'd say 150-180 k$ ... btw, can you please post the chassis n. for future reference? Thank you
    See, the two most knowledgeable and true owners of similiar cars almost pick the same price. I have one similiar to this except my engine remains 2.4.

I've had the honor of owning a couple of cars built by Joey. Whatever the price, its going to be thoughtfully and tastefully put together and be a fun car to drive. Which personally is what I think these things are for. GLWS, Joey! Hope all is well!

So a "true enthusiast" must hot rod and put custom paint on his car? I call BS on that.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club