Thread: 1970 911T Price Help!

1970 911T Price Help!

Hi, I am thinking about selling my 1970 911T I recently purchased. I have another 911 project going on and may not be able to afford both builds. I was wondering if you all can help me with the pricing.

The engine is in decent shape but will need some work. The suspension pan and lateral supports need to be replaced. It is a good restoration candidate. Let me know what you all think would be a fair price in today's market.

Thanks!
    Last edited by buddan; 06-24-2015 at 03:10 AM.

Shift Knob Maker
    Considering the amount of info you have provided, I would guess whatever you paid is the value.

Or

https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtoo...port?vbe=99502

Banned
    Take the amount of current professional restoration cost (About $100k including motor rebuild, mechanicals, and rust repair/body work/pro paint & interior) and subtract from current high water mark (According to Hagerty about $95k.)
    Then add $25-30k for the buyers who think they are the smartest guy in the room and can do everything much cheaper than seasoned veterans.

There you have it.

I would love to know who can do a serious restoration for $100,000. That's a price from a few years back.

Richard Newton
    Buying at a Monterey Auction

am in the middle of one.. we are not finished and its about 65k on the clock.. not in the interior work.. when all said and done i am thinking its going to be in the 85k mark...

Lemon

Seasoned Veteran Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . Take the amount of current professional restoration cost (About $100k including motor rebuild, mechanicals, and rust repair/body work/pro paint & interior) and subtract from current high water mark (According to Hagerty about $95k.)
    Then add $25-30k for the buyers who think they are the smartest guy in the room and can do everything much cheaper than seasoned veterans
    . . .
    Soooo-uuuh . . .

. . . how much for latch panels? . . .

. . . New owner had us do the rear latch panel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    . . . That latch panel isn’t still correct Frank . . .

. . . Looks like third time will be a charm . . .

. . . three times?

. . . Bada Bing, Bada Boom . . .

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

. . .

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

It makes you wonder how bad his last job was. "I would rather stick my head in an alligators mouth than come back in here one more day!"
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford