Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: any BMW 2002 folks in here ?

First generation BBS for BMW 2002

Sent this old circa 1970 magnesium center BBS wheel for fitment on BMW 2002 back home to BBS for service.

The service department polished the barrels, painted the dish and provided new hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flunder; 01-14-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Did you have to send this to Germany? Or do they have a U.S. Facility here? I have a set of Hardy &Beck 3 piece wheels that could stand that treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    I was surprised to hear him say he liked to hunt and defeat the "Porsche's". He must have been talking about 356's and 912's. Don't think a 02 could outrun a 911, if drivers were equal.
    the bimmer drivers tended to be quicker........lol

tri-sectional rennfelgen

Rick

That early one went to the US branch of BBS in Braselton, GA.

They used to service all models of the BBS race wheels.

Is there any indication that the H&B barrels were made by BBS? I always assumed that they were but have never seen an H&B up close.

For example here is a pic of the rim of a slightly later (mid 70s) BBS magnesium center model E30 built to 7x13. As an aside, this one came from the West Coast distributor for ALPINA: Dietel Enterprises.

You can see the BBS markings stamped into the aluminum on lip of the rim. Are yours similarly marked?
    Last edited by Flunder; 01-14-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    Early 911S Registry

An 02 downunder but only a 1602 in Colorado orange.

A not so happy end for my friends car.......Sadly the fire department guys did nearly as much damage as the fire trying to open the boot (trunk) and bonnet (hood) :-(
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Quote Originally Posted by CamBiscuit View Post
    A not so happy end for my friends car.......Sadly the fire department guys did nearly as much damage as the fire trying to open the boot (trunk) and bonnet (hood) :-(
    That car looks very savable. Good luck!

Rick
    Nice four throttle on that 02! ALPINA designed it to work with their 300 degree sport cam and a special Kugelfischer injection pump.

UAI
    You have a great collection of period 02 parts! Thought you would be interested to see this 02 gauge cluster. It has the 240 km/h speedo similar to yours, combined with an ALPINA rev counter.
    Early 911S Registry

Hi I think the speedo is from an e9 coupé (Indicator control light).
    I know some would kill to get that tach.
    My gauge cluster is also a bit different from Stock
    2013112800165469262.jpg