Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: any BMW 2002 folks in here ?

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    I have always enjoyed the 2002. I had this 74 Malaga TII for a while and I am considering restoring a 72 roundie TII in the very near future. I agree with the sentiments out there that these cars will be even more special as the years go by.
    This is an exact mate to mine, but mine came with Behr air and a sunroof.

GREAT little tossable works of art. Solid as a vault.
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Turbo

That's mine, really nice to drive! Now it's running again on his period Campagnolo Ragno 7x13 alloys, much better than Minilites imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lorenzo, nice Turbo - very good investment if you bought some time ago.
    Which Campas do you have?
    The ones with many holes, or the ones with 6 holes?
    I sold my set 7x13 perhaps two months ago to serbia.

Cheers

Uli

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    This is the 2002 (Normale) I am after :
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Ciao Uli!
    here are the Campagnolo wheels, I love that design and 7x13 fits the wheelarch of the Turbo perfectly. Same wheels fitted the Bizzarrini GT Europa 1900.
    You sold to Serbia? So the east europe classic car market is moving on?

Ciao Lorenzo, yes these are the same wheels I sold. I think the bizzarini had 5.5x13 with the same design - I have two sets of those for my 1600-2.
    Like here on the Schnitzer Car in 5.5x13.
    image4854.jpg
    these are my ex 7x13
    20150423192914691.jpg
    And if I manage to fit these 4 Spoke 6x13 I'll perhaps use them - also have 2 Sets of these.
    20150423193238691.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    This is the 2002 (Normale) I am after :
    Looks better than expected. Not sure whether any given fia marshall would approve these flares - here in germany probably not.

I'd check for following stuff.
    If the car is straight, has large vented Brakes front with the corresponding rear, closed trailing arms rear, a LSD, a current cage, negative camber uprights in the front, the seats and harnesses are not outdated as well as the extinguisher, and the Suspension is good you'd just have to upgrade the engine and you have a nice driver if the flares don't hurt your eye.

Cheers Uli

Here is my turbo, unfortunately in a shop for the past 5 years because of turbo woes. I need a KKK turbo or rebuild kit if anyone has one. I have tried so many solutions but still in the shop. Lucky I have the 911s.

On the wheels front, I now have Italian versions of 15" Alpinas.
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

there is a great article in an old C&D on the 2002 - "Hymnals" - can't recall if it was by DE Davis or Brock yates, but it is one of the best auto journalism pieces I've seen since Jenks died

I loved mine, but it is long gone - I have yet to own a Porsche that I'd trade in for another '2 - OTOH, if I had not issued orders to my female companion to shoot me on sight if I bought yet another old car, I'd add a '2 to the stable

Well the turbo is really great. I would never get rid of it so stop asking me. It's like a math problem when you drive it, can you time it right, while the turbo is doing it's amazing, slow, spool up whine, to hit the corner so it comes on boost at exit. The beauty of it is, unlike the 930, it wasn't known as a dentist killer if you get it wrong because the 2002's handling is much more docile.
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo