Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: any BMW 2002 folks in here ?

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I always wanted a 2002 tii. Any super clean ones out there?
    They're out there, but it's getting more and more difficult to find examples worthy of the premium prices being asked. That 72 Agave/Black with sunroof checked all the right boxes for me, and would have been the perfect stable mate for my 911. The search continues.
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Wow ! really nice 02 out there !!! Cool colors too. I did not buy the one on the previous pages, engine in bad shape and few fuzzy things.
    Will continue to watch out.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I always wanted a 2002 tii. Any super clean ones out there?
    2002AD has two for sale presently, here:

http://www.2002ad.com/pages/carsforsale.cfm

Hi Xavier,

this is my 1970 2002 with pigchecks, 8" minilite wheels...

SBF_7146.jpgIMG_0042.JPG

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sattlerei Springer View Post
    Hi Xavier,

this is my 1970 2002 with pigchecks, 8" minilite wheels...

SBF_7146.jpgIMG_0042.JPG
    Very nice ! love the color combo.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Very nice ! love the color combo.
    That car reminds me of a visit I made to the Alpina factory outside Munich in 1972. My father ordered a fully prepped 2002 Alpina with twin Webers that looked just like your car. The large fogs were on the bumper and the smaller ones raised up on mounting bars so you could just see them as half moons from the driving position. I remember a 5 speed, LSD, HUGE Alpina rims and CN36 tires and an unfortunate Sepia Brown color.
    I really bonded with that car and drove it far more than my father. We were based in London but drove all over Europe; the car looked so sad on snow tires with those flared arches but man, in summer it filled them out and stuck to the ground, even in the English rain. Sadly, no pictures due to an evil stepmother but given a choice between a 1972 911 T and that car I would opt for the Alpina for sure, so forgiving. With the flares, lights and sounds of the Webers, that car was all business, hard to look at a narrow body 2002 tii and get the same feeling.

as most of us here know , the 911 had a very rich motorsport history...

well, the lil box did as well, it was just very short. Here is an iconic shot:
    \
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Very cool thread. I too really dig 02's. Had a '71 Roundie and a very nice ''72 Tii that I should've kept,

Looking to get another Roundie real soon
    image.pngwish I had more pics of the Tii.
    1993 964 C2 GPW
    1973 BMW 2002 Verona (Daily)
    1974 914 2.0 Project A/X (in progress)
    1972 911T 2.4 Webers - SOLD
    89 BMW M3 Lachs - my former DD - SOLD
    https://youtu.be/QrF6VEVh1NQ

Bmw

I have had many. But for now, this is as close as I can get. The body style following the 2002. I ordered it from the factory In 1981 though Auto Becker in Düsseldorf . Just took it out of storage last Sunday .
    323i with all options available at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    I have had many. But for now, this is as close as I can get. The body style following the 2002. I ordered it from the factory In 1981 though Auto Becker in Düsseldorf . Just took it out of storage last Sunday .
    323i with all options available at the time.
    Unusual beastie on this side of the pond. A guy near my office had one but he let it go back to the ground.... ashes to ashes.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111