Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: @RM Auctions Monterey - '67S first paint, Tangerine, Family owned - No Reserve

Since it's sold now, originality of paint doubtful. And price reflected that.

You are absolutely right. Fact is, the old 911 hobby will mostly go away once the baby boomers age out. Not enough people in my generation (40s) and younger who care. ESPECIALLY when the prices are comparable to to many other incredibly interesting cars.

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    Read my post again; "$100,000 67S's and $250,000 RS's WOULD be great for the long term health of the hobby.."

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    You are absolutely right. Fact is, the old 911 hobby will mostly go away once the baby boomers age out. Not enough people in my generation (40s) and younger who care. ESPECIALLY when the prices are comparable to to many other incredibly interesting cars.
    No car is more interesting than a Porsche

I disagree. Once people get more educated they gravitate to the best and most interesting.
    For example 1920's WO Bentleys. Who can relate to those in period?

Quote Originally Posted by METAVINYL View Post
    A few years ago, I asked a car guy why he was selling his 1960 MB 300SL Roadster. His answer was that he could have just as much fun for 1/10th the price with his Porsches. I agree with him 100% except for one area; you can actually have MORE fun with Porsches!

Quote Originally Posted by METAVINYL View Post
    Yessss; you shalt have none other gods, sorry other auto brands, have next to Porsches

And that's why something such as this Forum are essential to keep interest and knowledge high; and why it is good to be welcoming to new members...
    Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I disagree. Once people get more educated they gravitate to the best and most interesting.
    For example 1920's WO Bentleys. Who can relate to those in period?
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    . . . And that's why something such as this Forum are essential to keep interest and knowledge high; and why it is good to be welcoming to new members . . .
    Hear-hear . . .

We Can Be Heroes

The 356 owners have pre-dated the baby boomer 911 owners, and it seems 356 prices are just getting stronger. Shows like Luft seem to be pulling in a newer younger audience. At least that’s how I feel but curious as to what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    The 356 owners have pre-dated the baby boomer 911 owners, and it seems 356 prices are just getting stronger. Shows like Luft seem to be pulling in a newer younger audience. At least that’s how I feel but curious as to what others think.
    +1.
    The current Porsche Brand worldwide is strong and that will generate a subset of younger generation of consumers that will be interested in older models (356, air-cooled 911, etc.).
    A significant part of Porsche's brand image is based on its heritage and early racing history. This will peak interest in younger Porsche-files for the older stuff.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548