Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Magnus junk.

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50/50 View Post
    If suits start flying, it will be the end of a brilliant marketing career.
    As in "Dude your getting a Dell " or most recently a certain sandwich schiller/predator.
    Corporations are adverse to negative publicity.
    Most likely 277 won't be a part of PCNA's show @RR5.
    Luckily and fortunately no one was injured.
    If Porsche is on the ball, they will use this to promote the importance and advantages of their new training centers. Maybe PCA could also use this event to promote the great drivers education/ track day events they offer. At a minimum, Magnus should make a public service video on why it is so important to save it for a track event, not on public streets. After 11 pages of discussion, it would be a shame not to see a bad decision turned into a positive outcome.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Guthrie View Post
    If Porsche is on the ball, they will use this to promote the importance and advantages of their new training centers. Maybe PCA could also use this event to promote the great drivers education/ track day events they offer. At a minimum, Magnus should make a public service video on why it is so important to save it for a track event, not on public streets. After 11 pages of discussion, it would be a shame not to see a bad decision turned into a positive outcome.
    Only one problem with this Christian: Mr. Walker would look like a shamed politician caught in a bathroom stall with an intern. Can't imagine he is willing to play that part.

I'm betting Porsche runs and Magnus will be left knowing who his real friends are.

The man made a mistake, a very public one.

I feel bad for him. We have all done it, but no need to berate the guy... I am sure he learned a great lesson.

I started doing stupid things the day I was born………………... I still haven't stopped.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    ... I am sure he learned a great lesson.
    How can you be so sure of that?
    And what would be the evidence of that? (Serious question that I would love an answer to!)

Not comprehending what you mean by "berate the guy". Let's not confuse honest observation and critique of a guy who invites it with a public lynch mob literally shouting "hang him!". We all deserve to be called a dumbass when we've earned it. Just like you Mike, I could fill an entire wall if they gave trophies for that. Call a spade a spade.

When did we become such freaking pansies?
    When someone endangers the lives of others through careless behavior, at the very least they deserve a public verbal beat down.

CheeRS

I love that we give such notoriety to someone who 98% of americans don't have a clue who he is. We are a niche hobby. If I took a picture of MW to every person in the hospital I work in, 3 people of the 400 may know who it is. If I were to take a picture of the Biebs, Miley, or Angelina to the same people all BUT 3 would know who they are. (It's a sad state of affairs when these are the role models)

We also act as if this "celebrity" is going to have a complete life change and status change when in all actuality only his "hobby" life may change a little. He still has his clothing business, his cars, his life. He may be out a couple hundred grand at most but it wont be life changing. Her worst move was going back to work the next day or day after.

thats my .02

oh and that was senseless driving with EVERY intention of showing off.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

a group beating on a person is common when envy is aroused, esp. if the group feels there is no reason for that person's success

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911 View Post
    a group beating on a person is common when envy is aroused, esp. if the group feels there is no reason for that person's success
    Good one!

I think most of us are capitalists here who understand perfectly MW's success. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, kudos to the guy for making lots of dough by looking like a hobo.

He will bear the consequences of his actions. I wish him well.

I agree with both the above stmts. His demeanor is also not mine, but...

You have to admit, the logo is incredibly creative, artistic and unique.
    Just like everything else.

017-Magnus-Walker-Urban-Outlaw.JPG

rwb_heuer_logo.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    He will bear the consequences of his actions. I wish him well.
    Given our current "Too Big to Jail/No Admission of Guilt" culture, I have to wonder. Of course, Martha Stewart and Barry Bonds got hounded by the US DOJ while HSBC's executives who laundered billions for the cartels and the mullahs went scot-free (the share-holders did get stuck with some fines), so you never know...

Mr. Walker was very fortunate not to have destroyed someone else's oncoming Mercedes-Benz "Pagoda" SL, and/or to have avoided decapitating himself and his passenger on the extended lift-ramp of the transporter semi-trailer that he managed to lift-oversteer #277 into. His poor judgment in this circumstance speaks for itself. However, I hope that everyone here takes some time to reflect on the importance of situational awareness and on the appropriateness of the environment to our driving behavior. Our cars will behave exactly as we ask them to behave, and the laws of physics are brutally strict in their denial of do-overs for ill-considered requests.

My enjoyment of personal freedom does not privilege me to impinge on the freedom of others.

-- David