Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Magnus junk.

Shift Knob Maker
    This past Saturday I saw a guy spin his 964 leaving a cars and coffee event. Trying to show off to a crowd and he gave it his best shot and ran out of talent, spinning on a busy public road. Luckily he did not hit anything, 1st thing I thought? Dumb ass...

Banned
    I understand getting "caught up in the moment" where emotion overpowers good sense. But there are some rules that a responsible, respectful person simply does not violate. One is driving like an idiot on the street, with someone else in the car, and without safety gear. Were lessons not learned from the Paul Walker / Roger Rodas tragedy?

I think perhaps he has persuaded himself that this whole "outlaw" image is real. Of course if he gets slapped with a reckless driving charge and a lawsuit that would be a step in the right direction to shore up that image.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-26-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
    What "history" does the car have?

Jon B.
    He drove it a lot. It's the one he's owned the longest. It has club competition history under his ownership.

That's all I meant.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I understand getting "caught up in the moment" where emotion overpowers good sense. But there are some rules that a responsible, respectful person simply does not violate. One is driving like an idiot on the street, with someone else in the car, and without safety gear. Were lessons not learned from the Paul Walker / Roger Rodas tragedy?

I think perhaps he has persuaded himself that this whole "outlaw" image is real. Of course if he gets slapped with a reckless driving charge and a lawsuit that would be a step in the right direction to shore up that image.
    I couldn't agree more with this statement Frank.

I look forward to the video being released.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Come on guys, are we suddenly becoming a bunch of politically correct owners of trailer queens, instead of drivers? Anyone who never drove faster the maximum speed on a public road, or did some illegal overtaking with a busty lady in the passenger seat can throw the first stone. And if you never did, buy a Ferrari and start polishing...

Erik

Banned
    How different would this discussion be if Mr. Walker killed the young lady? The fact that he didn't has more to do with Providence than his prowess.

For those who make this type of driving a habit I highly suggest you buy a race car and get your fix on the track. It is amazing how a regular diet of racing removes the temptation to get crazy on the street.

Agreed and I don't come short on track time, but I would like to see a written statement from mrs. Beck that you're an example for other road users when you drive your Porsche on public roads (and always have been, cause now you're over 45 these things become easier)

Erik

Banned
    The Mrs will offer testimony that she gets slightly terrified when we're in a rental car. Lol
    Her idea of 10/10's is my 6/10's. PLENTY of margin left on the table. Certainly not what Mr. Walker was engaging in.

As for your insinuation that just because I get to enjoy a senior's discount at Denny's means that I'm in a partial vegetative state, I am ready to rumble at a moments notice.

Bring your A game.

I'm not a racer by heart. The first time I was driving on the Nurburgring Nordschleife I was thinking I did quite well in a borrowed BMW M3 - until I was overtaken by a family saloon car with two child seats in the back. But I do like competition, so let's do some beer drinking at Rennsport Reunion...

Erik

Banned
    Remember Erik: Just because guys like me can quickly name the top ten brands of adult diapers does not mean that we don't have a surplus of testosterone.

The poor young blokes who have been raised on Chicken McNuggets are at a severe disadvantage.